New 2012 Honda LX owner - Page 12
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New 2012 Honda LX owner

Artomoz did u trade or keep ur current sled?

Hidden Content
    '12 TW EX SEDAN

Click on Following Links for Help:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I'm going to be frank. If you need to ask strangers about this, well, then you are going to have bigger problems than this one on the horizon. Any fathers out there who can answer the car seat question. Are you serious? How about important questions like, "Any of you guys carry a diaper bag? What color is best for a Taffetta White coupe?" You need a Tahoe, and ditch the diaper bag. You must refuse to carry a diaper bag.
    Last edited by colint; 11-24-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Forget the money. Honestly, what have we become when we can't bring ourselves to bend over to snap an infant carrier seat into its mount in the back of a two-door car? I mean, really. That buys him at least a half year right there.

And then a booster seat? Did you ever try to fasten any of these things from the side? What a pain! It's much easier to lean in and fasten belts from the front as you would in a two-door.

And then when kids are old enough to get in and out by themselves, they really dont mind climbing into the back seat of a two-door, unless, of course, you instill in their heads at a very young age that life should be as easy as possible and no one should ever be inconvenienced by not having their own car door.

My brother and I climbed in and out of the back seat of a '68 Mercury Cougar until I was 13. It was never an issue.

Keep the two-door. Itll be perfectly adequate until you are ready to get another car in your own time.
    colint likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I'd say get the four door. It's easier to get the kid in and out of the back, plus it'll be easier to hull all the cargo.

Keeping the coupe won't be a burden, but it won't be as easy as just keeping a sedan
    Digger likes this.

Nooblets
    take your car to car maxx see what they will give you. Congrats on the new kid. maybe look into an accord sedan, tons of options.
    Digger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Artomoz View Post
    Hello, every one as the title reads; I'm going to be father in a few months. I currently own a 2012 Civic Coupe and am wondering if whether or not to trade-in for a 2013 Civic Sedan. I only owe $16,000.00, car came out to be $23,000.00 how much would that be of a loss if I did trade my vehicle in? Would it be wise for me to do such thing or would a car seat fit well in my coupe? Any father's out there that could input on the car seat question?

Thanks!
    I had an 02' Civic EX coupe for a while with two kids and let me tell you it was a pain in the butt putting the kids in and out of the back seat.. Now with my sedan, it's much easier on my back. The infant car seat is a little easier since most people have a base already in place that the carseat latches into, but once the kids move into the larger car seats, it's can get quite cumbersome in my opinion. Congrats on Fatherhood too!

I grew up getting in and out of coupes. I asked my parents if they had any issues with car seats and such, and my father said his only regret was that he couldn't get a two-seater. Ironically, they both drive four-door vehicles now. To each their own, but I don't plan on ditching my coupe if my wife and I decide to have kids. I'm 6 ft. 7 in. tall, but I will bend my tall ass over and set up a car seat or booster seat in the backseat before I sell a coupe and get a sedan to accommodate a child. I could always make the Mazda3 hatchback I gave my wife the dedicated children car, hah.
    scottyrocks likes this.
    2012 Dyno Blue Si Coupe
    25% 3M Tint
    6000k Volt HID Low Beams
    3000k Volt HID Fog Lights
    Hondata FlashPro (VitTuned)
    P2R Throttle Body Spacer
    AFE Takeda Intake

K24Z7 Crew Member #150

9thgen's Official E-thug CivicMx's Avatar
    Well you can all speculate...i got 2 kids...geting them in and out of a sedan is a pain in the ass..cant imagine a coupe....its not the bending over its that kids are always fighting you to get in the car seats and sometimes you gottta take the car seats out(if taking them to babysitter or grandparents) and them putting them back in ...ughhh...also if its cold out...i mean just saying its sucks on a 4 door and it will suck on a 2 door.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    CiViCMX | 9thNorthEast Crew Member #001 | K24Z7 Crew Member #617

Join 9thNorthEast here:
    Hidden Content

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    No speculation here. I'm a dad. Once she was old enough, I told my kid to get into the seat, and she got into the seat. Even with more than one child, fighting is never an option with me. It was actually easier for her to do so in a two door because she could get into the car seat from the front, and not have to climb over the side of it.

I can think of reasons to trade a 2-door for a 4-door, and child ingress/egress isn't one of them.
    Last edited by scottyrocks; 11-26-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Big Timer!!!
    +1 on getting a sedan if the financial loss wouldn't bother or affect you... I have two kids which are both four years old now but when they were newborns it would get annoying always having to move the seat to put the baby in the car seat or take the car seat out.. Also the passengers and myself wouldn't be able to sit comfortably because of the rear facing car seat. It wasn't that bad when the car seat was facing forward but i still felt bad for my kids legs being kind of squished during that time. That was my major gripe about me having a coupe as far as kids go. I also didn't like having to get out when i had passengers in the back seat that needed to get out. This isn't the reason I bought my current sedan but these are the reasons why I chose the sedan over the coupe this time around. So if these things wont bother you than go ahead and keep the coupe for a while and next time around buy a sedan. Just my opinion.. And also congrats on being a dad, one of the best feelings holding your little one.
    2012 Civic SI CBP Sedan
    Rear Civic Emblem removed
    JDM H Emblem
    AFE 2.5" piping w/ Vibrant muffler & resonator
    Takeda Momentum Intake
    AFE Throttle Body Spacer
    TSX/ZKW-R 6000k HID Retrofit w/ black housing
    6000K LED Interior/Trunk/License/Reverse
    Painted Yellow Fogs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Quick Reply Quick Reply