Experts needed! - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Experts needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skrub View Post
    In the previous generation they found that the tuning solution for the R18 didn't sell well so the odds of seeing it release for this generation aren't that great. Without a tuning solution major modifications will not behave properly.
    You can still do intake and exhaust, they just won't work as well as they could with a proper tuning solution.

I suggest going with an axle back exhaust, that way you're spending less while still being able to get a different exhaust sound.
    would that effect in any way how the performance of the car runs, meaning fuel efficiency wise ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcourse View Post
    Your car would run much better and last a lot longer if you would learn to capitalize the first letter of the first word of each sentence you type. It's called education, man, education. Once you learn to do that, we'll know that you are able to learn things about your new Honda. Anything and everything to help a fellow Honda owner!!
    Good point! Didn't really pay attention to my grammar and proper sentence structure. No offense taken. And your right education is a key to success and definitely would like to educate myself to know about my civic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty_Ricky View Post
    Good point! Didn't really pay attention to my grammar and proper sentence structure. No offense taken. And your right education is a key to success and definitely would like to educate myself to know about my civic!!!
    You're on the right track pal. Anybody can be "the new normal". It takes brains to ask for help, apply it selectively, and be all one can be.
    '06Siguy and Skrub like this.
    Question authority.

Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I appreciate proper grammar, complete sentences, clarity and brevity. The new norm drives me nuts, text speak is borderline unintelligible at times.
    '06Siguy and JoeDavola like this.
    K24Z7 Crew #12
    Northeast Crew #4

Big words make me dizzy
    K24Z7 Crew Member #237

200+ WHP Club Member #11

would that effect in any way how the performance of the car runs, meaning fuel efficiency wise ?
    I don't know unfortunately since I don't own an R18... I would imagine that the mpg is affected very little since the ECU compensates.
    K24Z7 Crew #12
    Northeast Crew #4

You guys are too funny. Appreciate the help! Most definitely text lingo can really be annoying at times, im not saying I don't use them, I do at times but just simply ones when shooting a quick text. Saying 'lol' after every thing they send annoys me. Anyway, any good threads you would recommend me reading on?

Also what kind of cars do you guys own?

You guys are too funny. Appreciate the help! Most definitely text lingo can really be annoying at times, im not saying I don't use them, I do at times but just simply ones when shooting a quick text. Saying 'lol' after every thing they send annoys me. Anyway, any good threads you would recommend me reading on?

Also what kind of cars do you guys own?
    You'll find there is a subsection of bolt ons for non-si owners. I think the majority of us on here are Si owners since it is the performance variant of the Civic and therefore more suitable for performance modifications. There are plenty of non-Si owners though, there is even a non-si ROTM contest! Most appearance mods are suitable for either car and are differentiated mainly by sedan vs coupe. Since there is no coupe in Asia, you'll find there are actually more appearance mods for the sedan.
    K24Z7 Crew #12
    Northeast Crew #4

Welcome to the site! I tend to agree with Skrub. He seems to be learning you good!

Just an opinion, everybody has one, but it seems futile to try to get any more horsepower from an non-Si. So you get 15 hp (which would be very expensive to get), what have you really done? Not a whole lot since you're starting with "not a whole lot". But this is coming from T.H.E. Roadcourse who has a very different perspective about speed so filter as you wish....

"If you want to go fast, get a fast vehicle, then learn how to go fast."......RC ; )
    Question authority.

Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)