Considering a new leftover 2012? or new 2013 - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Considering a new leftover 2012? or new 2013

Get a '12 Si for $18k like some people here have, mebbe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    I'll tell you what I tell everyone who asks a 'should bu this or that' question. Test drive. You'll know if you like it. The negative reviews were all about cosmetics and perceptions. The quality is still there (except for the floormats). I have a '12 LX coupe. It's a great car. But then, I'm not a gadget person. For a $1500 difference, I'd go with the less expensive car that met my requirements.

The LX uses the R18 engine which is basically the same unit from the previous generation, going back to 2006. Nothing to worry about there.

The Fit was never an option for me so I cannot help you there.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

I drove a '13 Si coupe at one dealership and found a "Left over" '12 in the color I wanted at another. Due to the price difference and having to wait for the color in wanted, I bought the 12. Drive both and see if the differences are worth the money to you. There is some differences in the interior materials, fit and finish, and available options but not enough for me to pay the difference for the 13.

There is a concern with resale/trade in value. Even though you have a brand new car, its still a year old even if it only has 40 miles on it. If this isn't a concern for you, then pull the trigger.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

One Bad Mama Jama!!! soloflight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkOlin View Post
    I'm in the market for a new car. A local dealer has a leftover 2012 LX coupe. $16,900. I am a little nervous about it being the 1st year of the redesign and from all of the negative reviews I read about the car. I test drove it and was happy with the feel of the car. I had no problems with the car.
    I think a 2013 would cost me $1500+ more. I am also considering a 2013 base fit.
    For owners of 2012 civic, are you happy with your car? Do you wish you went with a 2013?
    Any feedback and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    I have a 2012 lx which i bought in 2011 no problems for me, but if you have the money to spend go for the new model, my dealer asked me if i wanna trade my 2012 to 2013, i said no and i rather wait for the next gen than lose money

Greenhorn

2012 Civic coupe vs. 2013 civic coupe -List of differences?

I've been searching for a list of difference between the 2012 & 2013 civic coupes. Can't find a list.
    I know the 2013 has different interior dash & panel materials. And, there is a backup camera.
    I also found the sedan has many exterior changes, but I am more interested in a coupe.
    Are there any mechanical changes? Brakes? suspension? body structure? Electronics? anything?
    Thanks

The 2013 has larger sway bars, both front and rear, 2mm larger both ends IIRC.
    K24Z7 Crew # 716..........2012 RR Coupe

<< Mods: Things & Stuff. >>

The '13s also got a revised chassis structure. The "ACEII" body has thicker steel in the front frame, front underbody, firewall, and A pillars. This was for the new 25% offset crash test, which the Civic got a top rating for. The '13s also get a thicker windshield and front side windows. There is also some extra sound deadening materials in the floor. The springs were stiffened slightly and the struts were also firmed a bit. The steering was also ever so slightly changed to tighten up its response. The brakes are slightly larger too. I drove a '12 & '13 back to back and the difference was very obvious.
    Last edited by Jamis; 03-29-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    2013 CBP EX-L sedan w/Navi.: K&N Drop In
    54,000 Mi.;Avg MPG:33 city;44 hiway;87 E10;ECON On
    79 mos. old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.
    2017 Milano Red Fit EX-L w/Navi. K&N Drop In
    17,000 M. Avg. MPG 35 City, 45 Hiway 87 E-10 ECON On
    I've gone out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    Old Age & Treachery Trumps Youth & Exuberance.

Big Timer!!!
    I wonder if paint quality was improved any?

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamis View Post
    The '13s also got a revised chassis structure. The "ACEII" body has thicker steel in the front frame, front underbody, firewall, and A pillars. This was for the new 25% offset crash test, which the Civic got a top rating for. The '13s also get a thicker windshield and front side windows. There is also some extra sound deadening materials in the floor. The springs were stiffened slightly and the struts were also firmed a bit. The steering was also ever so slightly changed to tighten up its response. I drove a '12 & '13 back to back and the difference was very obvious.
    Would you please describe the differences in how the '12 and '13 drove?

If I was buying brand new it would be a 13 no doubt. My neighbor just got one and it's sickening how nice it is compared to my 12. But I would never trade in for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)