Hello from western north carolina - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hello from western north carolina

Glad to hear you're safe! Sorry about the car. Welcome to the forum and you can always learn something new about your car reading any of these threads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Glad you are ok. Western NC is a beautiful part of the country....definitely hit the Tail of the Dragon with the new ride, you'll love it on those twisties.
    2015 Alabaster Silver Metallic Civic Si Coupe w/Navi "Hella Stock and Hella CDM, Yo!!!"
    2014 Orange Fire Pearl Civic Si sedan (traded in for ^ )
    Current Mods: Driver Hidden Content Hidden Content

9th Civic POP Crew member #73
    9th Civic LI Crew member #73

Quote Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
    Thursday at about 6pm I was stopped at a light in my 03 EP3...original perfect Si with 205k on it.Then a distracted 1999 chevy full size pickup merged into the back of the car @ 45 MPH.The impact was incredibly violent.I am actually just sore today...stiff too.I got a clean bill of health at the ER... I miss my EP3.It was my late fathers car.Not replaceable because of it's sentimental value...and boy is it totaled. I am posting this here because I now have a 2013 Si Coupe....orange sunburst...23k miles.One owner. Holy cow it this car a massive improvement over the 03. So I am sad and delighted.....at the same time.
    I live in a town of over a half million and on the police website, the number one cause of traffic accidents if following too close and rear enders. I believe it. It is beyond me why people follow too close, use cell phones while driving and don't seem to care it they have a wreck or not as indicated by their driving behavior. They need wake up calls in the form of civil suits and I hate court rooms but......
    Question authority.

Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kev604 View Post
    Sad to hear you lost the car especially the sentimental value it held but welcome to the forum. Not sure how the ER can determine that your okay, a 45mph impact is very significant and aches and pains can/will appear over time.
    Very true. I walked away from what should have been a fatal accident in 2010 without a scratch or bruise and found out last week that there was permanent back damage. I would not have believed it at the time.
    Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Lee_Si View Post
    Glad you are ok. Western NC is a beautiful part of the country....definitely hit the Tail of the Dragon with the new ride, you'll love it on those twisties.
    I shall be there next week on my two wheeled Honda but " maybe not on "The Tail". It has become infested with idiots and po po. It's the devil's playground. Lots of other great roads in the area with no traffic. You're right, Western NC is a wonderful place.
    Question authority.

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadcourse View Post
    I live in a town of over a half million and on the police website, the number one cause of traffic accidents if following too close and rear enders. I believe it. It is beyond me why people follow too close, use cell phones while driving and don't seem to care it they have a wreck or not as indicated by their driving behavior. They need wake up calls in the form of civil suits and I hate court rooms but......
    Sorry, off topic, but funny, I just posted about following too close. I honestly think it's ignorance. It's not just that they don't care, it's most likely that they don't realize the true dangers of their behavior. I know many drivers who don't know simple physics. My opinion on our Drivers Ed. is that it's a joke. It should be like a professional driving school where they are taught:
    1). how scary it really feels to be a driver in an out of control vehicle
    2). the proper recovery techniques and practice
    3). how not to get into situations like that in the first place.

OP, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you have those memories associated with your previous Si, and that you are enjoying your new car.
    Roadcourse likes this.

Nooblets
    UPDATE! I am now at 103K on the 2013 Si! It now has the dreaded first gear clutch moan
    and I am ignoring that. I will have to replace a bunch of parts soon but the car has been
    bullet proof. I don't think it is as well put together as my old EP3 but...I love it.
    She is fast, gets good fuel economy, handles well, and has great brakes.
    She also rides worlds better than the EP3. A most excellent ride.

I very rarely see a minty EP3. I still tear up.
    2013 Si Coupe Sunburst Orange Pearl

UPDATE! I am now at 103K on the 2013 Si! It now has the dreaded first gear clutch moan
    and I am ignoring that. I will have to replace a bunch of parts soon but the car has been
    bullet proof. I don't think it is as well put together as my old EP3 but...I love it.
    She is fast, gets good fuel economy, handles well, and has great brakes.
    She also rides worlds better than the EP3. A most excellent ride.

I very rarely see a minty EP3. I still tear up.
    What makes you think it's not put together as well as your EP3? Almost all manufacturers have greatly improved their vehicles since then.

My head hurts.It rang my bell pretty well.ER just checked for spinal column damage.I am amazed I feel as good as I do.The drivers seat in the EP3 was ruined...the force bent it.It no longer slides properly on the rails and the seat folds uber stiffly.And the whole thing is tweaked weirdly.I have been a passenger in bad crashes before but never in my life have I taken as severe a blow as I did yesterday...it almost knocked me out.

so sharp and violent.
    Get further examinations now and for goodness sakes DON'T take any settlement from the other driver's insurance company. Keep the case open and if they threaten to close it, go into action mode with good legal help. FWIW.

Oh, you're in the best sport bike riding territory in the U. S. Go there now and then on one.
    Question authority.

Greenhorn
    Wow, glad you are OK first of all. I'm also coming out of an EP3. I never expected it to be a long-term love affair, but I kept it for 13 years and sold it to a 19 year old kid who was specifically looking to buy an EP3. Sorry you EP3's story ended so violently. I definitely like the shift knob on the EP3 better, even if it only showed 5 gears (the EP3 was always begging for 6th gear, the only real complaint I ever had about that car). When I first shifted into 6th gear on our new ride, that was a great feeling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)