Hello from western north carolina
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hello from western north carolina

Nooblets

Hello from western north carolina

Thursday at about 6pm I was stopped at a light in my 03 EP3...original perfect Si with 205k on it.Then a distracted 1999 chevy full size pickup merged into the back of the car @ 45 MPH.The impact was incredibly violent.I am actually just sore today...stiff too.I got a clean bill of health at the ER... I miss my EP3.It was my late fathers car.Not replaceable because of it's sentimental value...and boy is it totaled. I am posting this here because I now have a 2013 Si Coupe....orange sunburst...23k miles.One owner. Holy cow it this car a massive improvement over the 03. So I am sad and delighted.....at the same time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Damn man that sucks to hear about your car. Glad to hear your ok though. Yea some people can't drive.

Congrats on your new Si. There are alot of knowledgeable people on here if you want to start modding or just need info on your car :-)

Welcome to the site

Nooblets
    Thanks Man.I love Si's and have wanted a 9er for awhile.The car feels much lighter and more nimble than the 03.The engine noise both exhaust and intake make me smile...It is a fantastic car.And at last actual reasonable revs while interstate cruising...and what seems like tons-o-torque to me.I am going to use it for work...lots of miles on twisty mountain roads.It should be epic.I am going to leave it stock.It really checks all the boxes for me. I have a 290hp 2015 TLX if if feel the need for gonzo...but as it is the Si is a pretty good dose.I think I will be very happy with this car!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Sad to hear you lost the car especially the sentimental value it held but welcome to the forum. Not sure how the ER can determine that your okay, a 45mph impact is very significant and aches and pains can/will appear over time.
    Roadcourse likes this.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

Gee that's lousy losing a car that you love. Sounds like you have accepted it and moved on well. Did you save any part of it? An insignia or badge or shiftknob or steering wheel?

We're in Asheville. Many generations in WNC.
    2007 Audi S4 (RIP), 2008 Audi A4, 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser (brief fling), 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO, 1974 2005 2011 Lotus cars

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhilr8n! View Post
    Gee that's lousy losing a car that you love. Sounds like you have accepted it and moved on well. Did you save any part of it? An insignia or badge or shiftknob or steering wheel?

We're in Asheville. Many generations in WNC.
    The Si badge from the front grill will be saved...the insurance estimator won't see the car until wen of next week.They called to give me a rental as I was buying my 2013 coupe...I told them I would not need it.
    I live in west asheville...I have been here since 93 and both of my daughters were born at mission.

If they total it I am taking the shift knob too.It was excellent to use.

I am really loving the new one though!

I should clarify...the wreck happened yesterday...almost exactly 24 hrs later...from 03 to 13 Si.I still can't believe how much better the ride and handling is.I know every ripple in asheville from the EP3...and in the new car...so much better.It is going to be a vastly better daily driver!It is so much quicker too!I can't wait to drive to Highlands on 64 via brevard.

Epicness ensues!!!
    Last edited by cistercian; 06-03-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Nooblets
    My head hurts.It rang my bell pretty well.ER just checked for spinal column damage.I am amazed I feel as good as I do.The drivers seat in the EP3 was ruined...the force bent it.It no longer slides properly on the rails and the seat folds uber stiffly.And the whole thing is tweaked weirdly.I have been a passenger in bad crashes before but never in my life have I taken as severe a blow as I did yesterday...it almost knocked me out.

so sharp and violent.

Yea im surprised they just checked your spine. I would have gotten my head and neck checked as well just to be safe. Sometimes it can take a couple days for symptoms to develop.

Or sometimes years. I was in a bad racing accident when I was 19. Symptoms showed up when i was 24-25. I'm 38 now and still suffering from chronic symptoms.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    POP CREW MEMBER #615

Retired:

2012 Civic Si sedan / Dyno Blue
    2014 Civic Si sedan / MSM
    2012 Civic Si sedan / Sunburst Orange
    2007 Civic Si sedan / Silver

Hidden Content

Nooblets
    [QUOTE=mreggball;3169418]Or sometimes years. I was in a bad racing accident when I was 19. Symptoms showed up when i was 24-25. I'm 38 now and still suffering from chronic symptoms.

When I was a boy our family got rearended.7 years later the first of 2 disks popped in my Moms neck.About 3/4 million in neurosurgical bills.Dad worked for IBM and had full no questions asked medical coverage...that was free.We paid nothing.But Mom suffered a lot.In her case the damage would have been apparent had she been checked...but she was not.I hope I have no issues later.

On the upside 32.3 mpg on the new Si with a mixture of hwy and full chaos WOT and maniac cornering limit tests.Wheeee!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)