welcome newest members!
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 228 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree642Likes

Thread: welcome newest members!

welcome newest members!

get on in herre and introduce yourself.
    Digger, fg4_k24, kaciesi and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Hello sir my name is Fritz. I drive a habby fa5 like ur tw fa5.
    Digger, Stigmacher and pito like this.

New here!!!!!!
    Digger, Stigmacher and pito like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

welcome guys!
    Digger likes this.
    Hidden Content Go hard or go home, but never go home hardHidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Whats going on everyone? I'm new here. I was on 8th Civic for awhile under the Screen name blck06si... I use to own a black 06 coupe now I'm driving a RSX.

I work in sales at a Honda dealership in Peoria, AZ. I'm eager for the ride and drive so I can drive the new Civic.
    Digger and Stigmacher like this.

welcome everyone!

Welcome!
    2007 TW FA5

Quote Originally Posted by STiLLaRA1D3R View Post
    I work in sales at a Honda dealership in Peoria, AZ. I'm eager for the ride and drive so I can drive the new Civic.
    any idea when that ride and drive might be???? come on, a little inside info would help us out! we wont tell anyone
    Hidden Content Go hard or go home, but never go home hardHidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

. . . I talked to a sales guy at my local dealership (I'm in VA) & he said they are getting their training on the 2012 civic tomorrow ( 3-15-11) and he is expecting to see some units hitting their lot in 10 days (by the end of this month).

I'm stoked.

I am in need of a new car, and after shopping for the past month or so, I've committed to wait for the new Si. All it needs to do is not explode on my test drive, and I'll likely take it home. The color choice will be on the spot. I went CR-V shopping with my wife a few months ago, so we already know we like Urban Titanium Metallic (which has something of a hint of rose-bronze to it & looks a little brown in certain lighting conditions) and Polished Metal Metallic.

I've scoured the interweb for pics, and from what I've seen, I'm impressed with the gen 9's styling. Its totally subjective, of course, but I like the fact this generation is a little bigger...and why not, the I4 Accord has grown into a long-lumbering-slow-mobile (its actually crossed over into the full size category according to at least 1 article I've read) so why shouldn't the civic give us a little more room to stretch our legs as well.

I know the K20a civic fans are sorry to see the gen9 civic go the route of the k24 with a lower redline. I, for one, am not put off by the transition. Don't get me wrong, I'm as big a fan of the current K20a Si as the next guy -- there is no denying it is nasty/crazy fast. The fact is, I'm not going to shift at 8k rpm with my boss, folks, etc. in the car, and I like the idea of spirited driving without making my passengers think I'm trying to spin off into the atmosphere.

I had the slow K24 (160 hp k24a4) in my 5mt sedan gen7 Accord I just sold a few months back. It was slow, but not ridiculously slow. I recently took a 6mt TSX with the k24a2 (closer to 200 hp with 190-something) for a test drive and was quite underwhelmed. It was a little quicker than my Accord, but I felt woefully disconnected from the road. I've also driven the the 190 hp K24 (ex) gen8 Accord. I found it oversized, overweight, underpowered, and yes, ridiculously slow.

It is my hope that this Si sedan will produce a solid compromise between torque, high revving hp, and legendary Si interconnectedness to the road (not necessarily the feeling of my '91 Si with no power steering and double wishbone suspension or anything -- but I certainly prefer that to the gen 8 Accord's fluffy ride).

Have I mentioned I'm stoked?
    Digger, Stigmacher and 202siGUY like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 228 1231151101 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)