9th Gen Civic Forum banner

New member in Central NJ considering 2013 EX.

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Bobshur 
#1 ·
Hi,
I just joined this site a few minutes ago. I am a single, very active 45 year old single guy in Central NJ looking to purchase my first Honda. For the past 4 years, I have a 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS sedan in the Beige color. This car has
been great, in MINT condition still, with just 62,000 miles. But, lets face it, is an OLD LADY car! Its time to upgrade to something more sporty! But I am trying to decide on the color I want. Personally, the Dyno Pearl Blue color really pops
with Honda's new alloys, but I was wondering if that color is more for a 17-25 old year? Unfortunately, in my opinion, the gray color no longer looks great with those new alloys, VERY dull looking now, all blends in too much with no contrast.
Maybe the Burgundy color?, what do you think is best age appropriate color?
Thanks!

Reactions: Digger
#6 ·
dealers, and sneaky add ons

Hi,

Here in Cenrtal NJ, it seems many dealers are automatically installing dealer adds to the 2013 Civic, without even giving the customer the option! When they come off the truck, they automatically
add mud flaps, wheel locks and a trunk tray for an extra $495.00! Is this the case through the country I wonder? To me, this is very sneaky they almost force the customer into an
extra $450.00, that most might decline if asked. Also, those cheap, black plastic mud flaps really cheapen the look of the Civic, in my opinion.

So I was wondering if most folks here are buying their 2013 Civic with these dealer adds already added, or are you given the option and asked ONLY if you want these adds?

Thanks
Michael in NJ

#7 ·
Hi,

Here in Cenrtal NJ, it seems many dealers are automatically installing dealer adds to the 2013 Civic, without even giving the customer the option! When they come off the truck, they automatically
add mud flaps, wheel locks and a trunk tray for an extra $495.00! Is this the case through the country I wonder? To me, this is very sneaky they almost force the customer into an
extra $450.00, that most might decline if asked. Also, those cheap, black plastic mud flaps really cheapen the look of the Civic, in my opinion.

So I was wondering if most folks here are buying their 2013 Civic with these dealer adds already added, or are you given the option and asked ONLY if you want these adds?

Thanks
Michael in NJ
Those mudflaps that may look cheap to you are highly sought after.sell em if you don't like em.
The si comes standard with 2
The pro pack you speak of,comes with trunk tray,2 rear mud guards,and the wheel locks.

I actually looked for that and was happy to know mine had it.

As well as all 3 serve a purpose.
Most people gladly paid to have the oem products already installed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
Yup, same thing here. Can't complain though cause I would of bought all of them eventually. What makes me mad is, more than a year after I got the car, I looked at the window sticker and saw they charged me for pinstripes that were never installed on my car! Oh well.... I'll pay more attention next time:/

#9 ·
How anyone can think those cheap black mud flaps (especially on ligther colors) enhance the look of the Civic is beyond me. Now, if they were color matched, I can
live with them. but they are NOT.

#17 ·
Because color matching a MUD GUARD something made to prevent crap from flying up to prevent further paint damage is stupid to get em color matched as there taking all the road debris and basically beign sandblasted day in day out.
So if they came color matched and then started peeling then people would complain"oh its stupid to paint em they should of left em black."
Argument can be held to both sides its up to the owner to do what you wish.

#11 ·
In Arizona, the dealers install mudguards, tint the windows, and an add on mickey mouse alarm. I was fine with the mudguards and tint, but not too happy with the add on alarm. BUT, I was going to add the mudguards and the tint anyway. As to the member who doesn't like the looks of the mudguards I will say this: They may not be pretty, but they keep the paint from being chipped by small rocks and road debris. I like the look of chipped paint less than mudguards.

#13 ·
No, they are still black. I have a RR 13, and the black looks fine to me. There is a guy on one of these forum threads that painted his blue. He sanded, base painted, painted and clear coated them. They look great, but I have not seen them on the car. It was pointed out that the material the guards are made of does not hold paint well. Just FYI

#18 · (Edited)
You must definitely be the only one to hate mudflaps,hell I finally found a set of oem mudflaps untouched new in bag I paid 250.I got for my old 91 hatch but hey to each their own maybe your other cars had super epoxy paint infused with chromium.because unless you don't drive your car ever I guarantee there was marring and scratches.

But its simple take em off and sell them case closed

#15 ·
Dealers in IL add stuff too. Where I got my '13, some LX's had wheel locks, rubber floor mats, and trunk liner for $699!

But my new car didnt have any, yet. It was virtually off the truck, but I would have asked to remove them on another LX. When I got my 2005 Sentra new, it had wheel locks added for $49. I asked to remove them, I got them free!

#19 ·
The one that slays me is the "nitrogen" add-on. The dealership I bought Black Betty from charges $30 for it and a $150 for the splash guards. When I ordered the car, I told them I didn't want them. They put them on anyway and didn't charge me. The nitrogen one is beyond stupid.

#20 ·
One were on the car at delivery,I asked my salesman and he said I give them to everyone I sell a car too,it's my pet peeve...and sure enough after talking to some people I know that bought a car off the same guy,they got them too.. Kinda cool.my salesman was great ,no bs,I knew what I would pay,there was no back and forth,no up selling,no extras and took his time going over the whole car explaining everything to me,is has been the same for me with all 6 Hondas I've purchased over the last 20 years,through 3 states I've lived in.i can't say that about GM experiences I've had. In 1989 I was going to buy a z24 cavalier, I was told I didn't qualify for the low financing, i thought that was strange, I walked out and got my report and my FICO was 735. And no inquiry on record,I asked the sales man a few days later what score was needed and he said 710. I showed him my report he looked away and got embarrassed,here they never ran it and thought I wouldn't say anything and go with it. I left

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.