New member in Central NJ considering 2013 EX.
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New member in Central NJ considering 2013 EX.

Super Mod's Pet

New member in Central NJ considering 2013 EX.

Hi,
    I just joined this site a few minutes ago. I am a single, very active 45 year old single guy in Central NJ looking to purchase my first Honda. For the past 4 years, I have a 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS sedan in the Beige color. This car has
    been great, in MINT condition still, with just 62,000 miles. But, lets face it, is an OLD LADY car! Its time to upgrade to something more sporty! But I am trying to decide on the color I want. Personally, the Dyno Pearl Blue color really pops
    with Honda's new alloys, but I was wondering if that color is more for a 17-25 old year? Unfortunately, in my opinion, the gray color no longer looks great with those new alloys, VERY dull looking now, all blends in too much with no contrast.
    Maybe the Burgundy color?, what do you think is best age appropriate color?
    Thanks!
    Digger likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Hi nodulw and Welcome to 9thgen!! Glad u joined Team9thgen

Hidden Content
    '12 TW EX SEDAN

Click on Following Links for Help:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Age appropriate color???????? Color has no age
    I'm 50sumthing and have a '12 EX sedan in taffy white......go for the color u like!!

Hidden Content
    '12 TW EX SEDAN

Click on Following Links for Help:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Super Mod's Pet
    Isnt white a girl's color??

Quote Originally Posted by nodulw View Post
    Isnt white a girl's color??
    Pink is the only girl color! Everything else is unisex!

Super Mod's Pet

dealers, and sneaky add ons

Hi,

Here in Cenrtal NJ, it seems many dealers are automatically installing dealer adds to the 2013 Civic, without even giving the customer the option! When they come off the truck, they automatically
    add mud flaps, wheel locks and a trunk tray for an extra $495.00! Is this the case through the country I wonder? To me, this is very sneaky they almost force the customer into an
    extra $450.00, that most might decline if asked. Also, those cheap, black plastic mud flaps really cheapen the look of the Civic, in my opinion.

So I was wondering if most folks here are buying their 2013 Civic with these dealer adds already added, or are you given the option and asked ONLY if you want these adds?

Thanks
    Michael in NJ

Platinum Member EffBee6fromthe209's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nodulw View Post
    Hi,

Here in Cenrtal NJ, it seems many dealers are automatically installing dealer adds to the 2013 Civic, without even giving the customer the option! When they come off the truck, they automatically
    add mud flaps, wheel locks and a trunk tray for an extra $495.00! Is this the case through the country I wonder? To me, this is very sneaky they almost force the customer into an
    extra $450.00, that most might decline if asked. Also, those cheap, black plastic mud flaps really cheapen the look of the Civic, in my opinion.

So I was wondering if most folks here are buying their 2013 Civic with these dealer adds already added, or are you given the option and asked ONLY if you want these adds?

Thanks
    Michael in NJ
    Those mudflaps that may look cheap to you are highly sought after.sell em if you don't like em.
    The si comes standard with 2
    The pro pack you speak of,comes with trunk tray,2 rear mud guards,and the wheel locks.

I actually looked for that and was happy to know mine had it.

As well as all 3 serve a purpose.
    Most people gladly paid to have the oem products already installed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yup, same thing here. Can't complain though cause I would of bought all of them eventually. What makes me mad is, more than a year after I got the car, I looked at the window sticker and saw they charged me for pinstripes that were never installed on my car! Oh well.... I'll pay more attention next time:/

Super Mod's Pet
    How anyone can think those cheap black mud flaps (especially on ligther colors) enhance the look of the Civic is beyond me. Now, if they were color matched, I can
    live with them. but they are NOT.

It's not sneaky if you know what they did. If they add accessories that you don't want, order it without.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now