New Member '15 Civic Si Coupe
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

    Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Member '15 Civic Si Coupe

  1. #1
    Greenhorn Timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4

    New Member '15 Civic Si Coupe

    New Member '15 Civic Si Coupe-civic-front.jpghey everyone!! I am so happy to be here. I have always bought Civics but never an Si! I always wanted one but could never afford one. While today i bought a 2015 Civic Si Coupe and im so happy. I haven't slept since i brought it home and found this forum searching for Civic related information.

    I am having an issue with my front plate but i made a separate post for that. I am from MA and previous owner never needed a front plate (lucky) Im reluctant to drill holes but it is zip tied for now til i figure out a solution. Im going to upload a picture since this a new member post. New Member '15 Civic Si Coupe-civic-back.jpgNew Member '15 Civic Si Coupe-civic-side.jpg

    Thank you everyone!! Im so happy to be apart of this new community!!

    Sincerely,

    Tim
    Last edited by Timbo; 06-27-2019 at 12:18 AM.
    procivic likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Supporting Vendor carid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cranbury, NJ
    Posts
    1,029
    Hi, Tim! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining us and showing your beautiful Civic. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Enjoy your time here!

  4. #3
    Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Isle of Langerhan, NY
    Posts
    26,939
    Congrats and welcome to 9th gen.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

  5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Platinum Member fear24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    1,481
    welcome....very nice ride you have there. i too live in a state which requires front plate (MO) and it irks me every time i have to do it.
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

    POP Crew #61

    2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

    Hidden Content

  7. #5
    Top Dawg!! bfaided1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,143
    Welcome to the boards.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

  8. #6
    Greenhorn Timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4
    thanks for all the replys! I ended up getting my inspection sticker by just zip tying the front plate on. Im looking at some mounts/brackets that i could use on the internet. My main goal is to not have to drill in the front of the bumper.

    If anyone knows of a specific one you would recommend ill check it out. I saw a few past posts on here about the same issue. I brought the issue up to the mechanic in my town and the manager at Napa but they both insisted to drill through the bumper.

    Its my first time on these forums so im excited to check out the past posts and also read my manual to get a better understanding of the car. I have always liked Civics but could never afford a nice one so starting this journey knowing there is a place like this with other people who love Civics is really encouraging.

    Thank you all again! Really appreciate the welcome

  9. #7
    Top Dawg!! bfaided1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    thanks for all the replys! I ended up getting my inspection sticker by just zip tying the front plate on. Im looking at some mounts/brackets that i could use on the internet. My main goal is to not have to drill in the front of the bumper.

    If anyone knows of a specific one you would recommend ill check it out. I saw a few past posts on here about the same issue. I brought the issue up to the mechanic in my town and the manager at Napa but they both insisted to drill through the bumper.

    Its my first time on these forums so im excited to check out the past posts and also read my manual to get a better understanding of the car. I have always liked Civics but could never afford a nice one so starting this journey knowing there is a place like this with other people who love Civics is really encouraging.

    Thank you all again! Really appreciate the welcome
    Good luck looking for the bracket, i've never seen one that didn't require drilling into the bumper. I personally don't run one and just risk it. Haven't been pulled over yet for no plate with this car, knock on wood.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

  10. #8
    Super Mod's Pet 12FG4Rallye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    673
    If itll fit zip tie it to the lower center grill with black zip ties. Will look cleaner than it is now at least. Also welcome aboard
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

    205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

  11. #9
    Greenhorn Timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    If itll fit zip tie it to the lower center grill with black zip ties. Will look cleaner than it is now at least. Also welcome aboard
    That is a great idea! Thanks friend. Ill do this tomorrow and see how it goes.

  12. #10
    Super Mod's Pet 12FG4Rallye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    If itll fit zip tie it to the lower center grill with black zip ties. Will look cleaner than it is now at least. Also welcome aboard
    That is a great idea! Thanks friend. Ill do this tomorrow and see how it goes.
    No problem bud. Id hate to have a front license plate but i did have to drill holes in my bumpers and sides for my HFP kit lol
    bfaided1984 likes this.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

    205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2