9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2015 Si sedan

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Bushmaster78FS 
#1 ·
Hey guys! Just picked up this fairly low mileage '15 Si for a daily! It's loads of fun already, gets great gas mileage and has just enough power to get you in trouble. I currently reside in the mountains of WNC but am moving to the Dover, DE area in less than a week. I look forward to keeping this car mostly stock as it's my daily and using only OEM parts to maintain it. That being said, when it's paid off I'll probably do a good bit of suspension, brake and weight reducing work to it. Never have been one for straight line speed, but I LOVE curves and a well sorted chassis to attack them with. I live less than an hour from US129 The Tail of The Dragon and can't wait to take it on a maiden voyage there. I've had quite a few turbo swapped 90s Subarus and a couple 80s Subarus (I don't claim the WRX/STI people...they're ringland blowing idiots for the most part) and when it came time to buy a reliable daily, I went back to the best daily brand I've ever had, Honda. I had an 02 CR-V 5 speed and a 92 Accord EX wagon 5 speed with an entire JDM front cut on it. Sold the wagon, got t-boned in the CR-V. Neither car EVER had an issue. Here's hoping this one is trouble free as well! One owner, well maintained so let's hope.

One thing does bother me. There's a slight whine that increases with speed, only while in gear so it leads me to not trust the diff/trans....it's not loud, you can only hear it with the radio muted and the windows up, but it's there. Do these diffs require a friction additive? Does Honda still use very thin MTF? And can I service this trans myself? I was a Subaru tech for 4 years and am now a welder but I feel confident in my mechanical abilities to maintain this car at least. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Look forward to meeting you all!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Most here agree that OEM Honda transmission oil/fluid is the best for our applications.

And welcome to 9th gen.

#5 ·
Yes. Honda fluids are great. I will never down talk Honda fluids.
But to my recommendation is Amsoil MTF. That stuff is liquid magic on these trans.
As for the whine/whistle I'm starting to build a lead that it's the Egr on these.
Because people posted many complaints on the whistle whine without any mechanical issues. And I'm feeling the way these egrs on these will produce such a sound...

#4 ·
Hi and welcome to the site! Congrats on your purchase, looks great. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.