Hi from Lake County Illinois
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Lake County Illinois

Hi from Lake County Illinois

Hey guys,

I've been a long time lurker of this forum. I got a Dyno Pearl Blue 2012 Civic back in June.

I have learned so much from everyone. This is really a great community.

Anyways, now for the bad part of my first post. 3 weeks ago I hit a deer.

(insert Bambi joke here)

I am trying not to be to depressed about it but I was so looking forward to enjoying this new car and taking immaculate care of the paint. I had a clear bra installed on the hood, bumper, and mirrors.

I had some body work done on another car, a 96 red Miata, in the summer and used a local body shop that was recommended. They didn't do a great job and I am pretty unhappy about it. I'll detail in a future post. The thought of having to deal with another body shop and the possibility that the paint job won't look new is the most upsetting.#

So I did some research online and found a shop nearby that had good reviews. I don't know how many people do this but I actually went to the shop to "interview" them. They where very professional. The general manager was friendly and showed interest in making me feel like this was where I should be bringing my car. He did not seem disinterested or like he had something better to be doing. He brings me back in to the shop and I couldn't believe the cars that they had there-Ferrari, Lamborghini, Astin Martin, BMW, Mercedes, Maserati and several other more mainstream brands. I figured if they can repair these hi-end Europeans, they should be able to handle the Japanese.

That was all 2 weeks ago. I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow. And I am very concerned about a how it will look and how durable the finish will be over time.

Larry

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear about the accident.

Where did you get the clear bra installed? I'm in Lake County also. Thanks.

That sucks! I get pissed when I get a stone chip! I hope they do a good job for ya.
    If you`re driving a 2 door or an SI, odds are, I built it for ya.Hidden Content
    HCM Plant 1 Alliston, Ontario. Home of the Si.

K24Z7 Crew Member #63

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blueribbon View Post
    That sucks! I get pissed when I get a stone chip! I hope they do a good job for ya.
    Yeah....sucks. They did a good job as far as I can tell. We'll see how it holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojay View Post
    Sorry to hear about the accident.

Where did you get the clear bra installed? I'm in Lake County also. Thanks.

First one was done at Abt (where I work). Second one was done by the body shop in lake bluff.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now