Hello from Monterey!
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptiz

Thread: Hello from Monterey!

Hello from Monterey!

Hey guys!

Just picked up my 2013 Civic LX Sedan in Polished Metal Metallic last Saturday. This is a different type of car than I have owned in the past, but I was looking for a reliable daily driver with good gas mileage, which I think defines this car perfectly.

I am planning on putting on some wheels from an 07 Si that I have laying around and getting the windows tinted. Other than that, I am planning on keeping the car stock and buying a fun toy (Ducati?) for the weekends.

This is the seventh car I've owned in 10 years, if anyone is interested, here is the list:
    • Mercedes 190E (First car, subwoofers, gave up after 300k miles lol)
    • Honda Prelude (Crashed after a few months)
    • Honda Prelude (Body kit, cf hood, painted orange, 17' wheels, JDM H22A swap, exhaust, intake, tint)
    • Ford Explorer (Needed a car to drive in the snow)
    • Toyota Tacoma X-Runner (Awesome truck, terrible gas mileage)
    • Subaru WRX STi (My favorite car so far, put 109k miles on it in a matter of 3 1/2 years, chip, intake, turboback exhaust)
    • Ford Mustang (Technically my girlfriends car, but she has been away for work so I've been driving it
    • Honda Civic LX
    With that being said, I have a couple questions:
    1. I have a set of wheels from an 07 Si that I want to put on the car. The dealer says they have the same bolt pattern so they should fit, however they do not have TPM sensors. Can I take the sensors off of my steel wheels and have them installed on the new wheels? What would you expect something like that to cost? I have tried to look around but everyone here tends to speak in acronyms and non-laymans terms so if you have an answer, please try to let me know in as plain English as possible lol.
    2. What is a set of basically new steel wheels and tires worth? I have a guy who offered me $500 for them. Should I take it?
    Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to learning more about the car, including any tips, tricks, hacks, etc.
    Millions-Knives likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Welcome to 9th, ptiz!!

Hidden Content
    '12 TW EX SEDAN

Click on Following Links for Help:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Welcome! Glad to have you
    '12 Si Coupe

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Welcome and gratz!
    2012 White FB6. Hidden Content . Engin CAI. Full Race exhaust. DD audio sub and amp. Pioneer double din head unit. Eiback Sportline springs. Eiback front and rear sways. Lumins 6000 hid lights 3000 fogs .Mugen style window visors. Red Honda oil cap.Dash/engine/valve covers HYDRODIPED Red/blackMugen style front lip. Many LED upgrades. Many "small" upgrades.

Super Mod's Pet Millions-Knives's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ptiz View Post
    Hey guys!

Just picked up my 2013 Civic LX Sedan in Polished Metal Metallic last Saturday. This is a different type of car than I have owned in the past, but I was looking for a reliable daily driver with good gas mileage, which I think defines this car perfectly.

I am planning on putting on some wheels from an 07 Si that I have laying around and getting the windows tinted. Other than that, I am planning on keeping the car stock and buying a fun toy (Ducati?) for the weekends.

This is the seventh car I've owned in 10 years, if anyone is interested, here is the list:
    • Mercedes 190E (First car, subwoofers, gave up after 300k miles lol)
    • Honda Prelude (Crashed after a few months)
    • Honda Prelude (Body kit, cf hood, painted orange, 17' wheels, JDM H22A swap, exhaust, intake, tint)
    • Ford Explorer (Needed a car to drive in the snow)
    • Toyota Tacoma X-Runner (Awesome truck, terrible gas mileage)
    • Subaru WRX STi (My favorite car so far, put 109k miles on it in a matter of 3 1/2 years, chip, intake, turboback exhaust)
    • Ford Mustang (Technically my girlfriends car, but she has been away for work so I've been driving it
    • Honda Civic LX

With that being said, I have a couple questions:
    1. I have a set of wheels from an 07 Si that I want to put on the car. The dealer says they have the same bolt pattern so they should fit, however they do not have TPM sensors. Can I take the sensors off of my steel wheels and have them installed on the new wheels? What would you expect something like that to cost? I have tried to look around but everyone here tends to speak in acronyms and non-laymans terms so if you have an answer, please try to let me know in as plain English as possible lol.
    2. What is a set of basically new steel wheels and tires worth? I have a guy who offered me $500 for them. Should I take it?

Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to learning more about the car, including any tips, tricks, hacks, etc.
    Welcome!

You can try to install the TPMS sensors from your donor wheels and give it a shot. From what I understand, our OEM TPMS sensors are little finicky and won't allow us to seal them in a PVC capsule and toss them in the trunk. If the car detects an error you cannot disable the traction control. I just vaguely remember reading about this but I'm not 100% sure.

I have some RPF1's I'll be swapping soon and I believe it will work out- our factory SI wheels are manufactured by Enkei.
    2012 Civic Sedan Si CBP
    CT-Engineering's Supercharger 3.15" Pulley- 1000cc DW EV14 injectors
    Aftercooled by IMT (Innovative Motorsports Technologies) .25" Phenolic Spacer
    Gates Blue Racing Micro-V belt

Borla 2.5" Catback System
    RV6 Performance 2.5" Catted Downpipe
    AEM CAI
    Hondata FlashPro

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)