Si vs TSX
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Si vs TSX

Si vs TSX

Hello im new to this forum and I know that the si and tsx share the same engine ( my dad has an 06 TSX) but I was wondering what else do they share. I love the way my dads car drives. And was wondering if the si is comparable. Though I didn't drive his car much with the stock suspension does the throttle response and clutch feel similar? Do they share the same transmission minus the LSD? In little under a year im really considering getting the new Si. I was looking at the new speed3 but after hearing about how the fuel pump can fail with just an intake I decided to look at something that can take mods without craping out on me. Thanks in advance.

-Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

One Bad Mama Jama!!! Si_formeandyou's Avatar
    If you want to get a 4 banger go for the civic if you want more power go for the V-6 TSX
    -Mark- k24z7 crew member #17
    2012 civic Si Sedan BlackHidden Content

"Build a man a fire and keep him warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life"

V6 would be nice but it's not really what I want.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nnunges89 View Post
    V6 would be nice but it's not really what I want.
    Well then go for the SI not sure what the price difference is though. And I get pretty good mileage with my civic si i get about 26-28 85% city 15% highway

"Build a man a fire and keep him warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life"

Thats not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nnunges89 View Post
    Thats not bad at all.
    No it's not and all of my friends don't realize how fast it is so it's fun seeing the surprise on peoples faces when i beat their cars. priceless

Curious:

What cars have you beaten? I've noticed it's OKAY speed wise.. But this thing really can't beat anything that's "sporty"... Maybe regular sedans..

Depends what you're looking for. The Civic Si is lighter, and though it's more refined than the previous generation, it's more raw and alive than the Acura. the TSX has a double wishbone suspension, which in theory is superior, but it's a larger and heavier car, tuned more towards refined sportiness. Think of it as a more grown up version of the Si.

If you're looking strictly at performance, get the Si.

they are both good cars but price wise if you dont want to spend too much then i would suggest the SI compared to the TSX cause you will always spend more on the acura anyway just for the name, the TSX has the V-6(which would be much more expensive) and it also has the 4 banger too which is the engine thats in the SI with same power, the only difference is for the SI you will have to put in premium where as the TSX only takes regular. but like mauibuilt2003 said it all depends on your preference to sporty or a luxury style sporty

Quote Originally Posted by escspoof View Post
    Curious:

What cars have you beaten? I've noticed it's OKAY speed wise.. But this thing really can't beat anything that's "sporty"... Maybe regular sedans..
    Not saying i've stomped boss 302's but I take down moderately fast cars like v-6 mustangs. Even my friends v8 mach 1 mustang but that's only because he doesn't know how to launch, lol. Not saying this thing is blue lighting but it's pretty damn fast for a civic, and capable of a lot more.
    stough77 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)