9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Trading in for 2012 Si?

16K views 83 replies 42 participants last post by  colint 
#1 ·
New Civic A WEEK OLD!!! Blacked out

Whats good people -

Today is my 1 week anniversary of my having my 2012 LX Sedan In Black.

I have already gotten 20% all around and love the way they look *but i wish it was a black interior*

I am looking to black out my civic and do some interior upgrades

What do you guys think for places to order from / installation and whatnot for making my car look sick!!!

Next thing Im looking to do at the moment is tint / black out my tails and heads but I also wanna get HID for the heads possibly...

Looking around to see whats good

#5 ·
+1 for the new civic
-2 for a "BLACKED OUT CIVIC" thread with no pics and only window tint!!!

if you want to balck out your head/tail lights check out a local tint shop or Lamin-x website. Also, if your going HID's do a retrofit and not a cheap drop in kit. very rice and unsafe

#6 ·
Ill upload pics today no worries on that

What do you mean by a retro-fit -im fairly new to Hondas and this forum so sorry if i ask dumb questions

I have this car for 3 years and want to do as much as i can to make it look smooth and all blacked out looking nothing like the stock.

And wanted to know if its easy to do by myself or worth ordering from Lamin-X and attempting at it myself knowing my inexperience.

Thanks

#9 ·
no worries dude, a retrofit is basically pulling the headlight housing apart and installing a projector for the HID's. looks and works much better than just dropping in some HIDs.

i just installed some lamin-x on my buddies speed 3 last weekend. first time i have ever done anything like this and it was pretty simple. just takes some time to finesse the film to fit your lights

#10 ·
So it would involve switiching out the entire housing *echo in the room* I know

How much would this all cost? And pics of how this would ook in thge end after the tint film and all and how about with the auto light setting as well?

**** Im learning a lot today

#14 ·
yes and no, if your going HID's then yes, the retro fit is the way to go. Without it you run the risk of blinding oncoming traffic and hope one of them is not a cop as HID's in a non-projector housing is very much ILLEGAL. If your just looking for brighter headlights, i went with the Phillips Xtreme's and Silverstar Ultra's and both were much brighter than the factory lights (both are halogen bulbs but mych brighter and whiter as well)

#16 ·
I mean Im looking to definitly black out my tails I was thinking about putting in LED tails but that seems useless and I feel like it wouldn't look very good.

I want it to look all blacked out in the back and am probably going to black out the emblem as well.

With 5% tint on that.

For the heads - I want projections and blue lights but really feeling the dinky stock heads from Honda

Suggestions?

#17 ·
2012 Civic LX - Black - External Mod Suggestions

Whats up guys - I have a black 2012 LX, already tinted all 5 windows 20% all around, have the darkest film from Lamin-X for my tails, Im looking to mod out the rest of my car to be all blacked out and swap out the stock headlights for either projections or HIDs,I'm also looking to be cost efficient (I'm still in college and gotta make the payments on the car as well) Also taking suggestions for rims on the car because the stock hubcaps are not doing it for me, and I already starched them Thanks

#19 ·
i went on discout tires website and found wheel and tire packages for $1,100 bucks. i was looking at some 18" momo wheels with falken tires. i also have an LX with hubcaps and they look terrible. i plan on that being one of my first mods. there were a lot of great deals and a big selection of rims that will fit our car. then you can use your stock rims for the winter, i took my hubcaps off and dont plan to put them back on ever.

#20 ·
well thats awesome news, I have this on lease so I have to put the ***** hubcaps back on eventually are they easy ti replace?
Also, if they are bent out does it make the ride shaky at all or it just me?

Dipping black? What does that entail?

#21 ·
just wondering.. because your car is leased... what's the point in modding it when you'll have to return it in a few years? i never saw the point in modding a leased car... so yeah. does the dealership sort of repay you for the mods you've done? like the tint?

#22 ·
lmao, the dealership would probably ding him for modding if anything. "Lower the natural value of the car" Now if your leasing the car and want to look better. Only few mods I would recommend are HIDs, rims, vinyl/film tint taillights, lip kits, pretty much anything you can put the OEM back on in anytime.

#30 ·
So i did the 20% all around tint
sprayed my tails black and left the back up lights stock

For the hubcaps - what is this plastic dipping? and for headlight replacement what are your thoughts?
Also, is it illegal to have a tint on your license plates in NY?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Vehicle registration plate

#31 ·
Plastidip is a rubber coating, it comes in a spray can for right around 6 bucks a can. You can get it at Lowes. I used about 3 1/2 cans on my hub caps for 5-6 coats. Its easy to remove as well and its a excellent way to improve the look of the cheap ass hub caps.

#36 ·
Blacked out Rear of Car

Black Civic, 20% Tints all around, tails are sprayed with 3 layers with reverse lights outlined.

I want to get rid of the hideous yellow NY plate, and thinking about de-badging, or leaving.

Thoughts?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Vehicle registration plate

#81 ·
Black Civic, 20% Tints all around, tails are sprayed with 3 layers with reverse lights outlined.

I want to get rid of the hideous yellow NY plate, and thinking about de-badging, or leaving.

Thoughts?

View attachment 3048
I would de-badge. I know your car is a Civic, but here is what a black Accord that has been de-badged.

Straight on shot of the rear.

From an angle.

De-badging is the way to go for a clean look.

Here is my Civic that has been de-badged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.