First Honda... straight to the si - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Honda... straight to the si

August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner trung09's Avatar
    welcome to 9thgen!
    2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan
    9thGenCivic Member #2465
    R18 Crew Member #453
    I
    <3 Driving Slow Crew Member #79
    FB2
    Squad #1
    - Trung Nguyen

Hidden Content Please Join! ***The Official FB2/FG3 Squad***
    Link ===>
    Hidden Content

Check out my Build Thread :
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!

Mine had 3 kilometers (so just under 2 miles roughly). It was ordered in for me and I had to wait a few weeks for it to be built so no one had a chance to test drive it before I got my hands on it, lol.
    2012 DBP Civic Si Coupe Hidden Content
    K24Z7 Crew Member #10

Greenhorn
    Wow so many members of the single digit club! To all of you who didn't start there, don't worry I didn't test drive your si too hard

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Welcome to the newbie club. First non-Nissan of my own. Family has had Honda's and I always liked driving them.

I had 8 miles on mine. Put 30+ fairly hard miles on the CBP sedan I test drove - twice!! Sales guy encouraged the revving and hard driving being an 8th Si owner himself.

My car rolled off the truck at noon, got prepped and I took her home at 6 the same day. Now, 4500 miles after just two months.
    bluestar gave me the clap.

K24Z7 Crew Member #11
    HFP Crew Member #11

2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Crystal Black Pearl
    2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road - Barcelona Red

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo21 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I just about went green and switched to the dark side of automatic with a new skyactiv mazda 3. Before I signed the papers I decided to go peep at a new si. The rest is history. 2 days later, I found a sedan in stock and rolled off the lot with a new black 2012 si from arguably the coolest sales guy I have ever met. 5 miles on her off the lot! Who here has bought the lowest mileage new si?
    We lost a guy for the sky active now gained one. Yay. Whats the be deal over the sky actives. I like mazdas but I'm lost to on how ppl are comparing sky active to.the si. So strange. Anyway welcome

Sent via Cam Hend's tab
    2012 Civic SI (DD and some) Stock for now (tested rotex supercharger) -sold
    1999 Camaro Big Block (Straight line only) 550rwhp - 760rwhp(nitrous) - sold
    2012 Dodge Challenger R/T - sold
    2008 Nighthawk Civic Si TTS supercharged
    WE WE Hidden Content Pure adrenaline

Mine had five on it off the lot
    FG3 Squad Member #5: Hidden Content
    FORUM RULES: Hidden Content
    For Sale Section Rules: Hidden Content
    R18 Parts Available Now: Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by campton View Post
    We lost a guy for the sky active now gained one. Yay. Whats the be deal over the sky actives. I like mazdas but I'm lost to on how ppl are comparing sky active to.the si. So strange. Anyway welcome

Sent via Cam Hend's tab
    To be honest, they arent comparable in the least. I simply had originally planned on a gas friendly compact and non si civic trims werent cracking my list. Si just sort of threw a wrench in the works and won me over.

Still, the skyactiv tech is pretty cool and I believe has a ton of potential. But for all that boasting of 155hp @ 40mpg, it felt sluggish like every other high 30's, lows 40's mpg car. For now the mazda 3 serves as a nice looking compact that puts some more competition in the 40mpg category. It just isnt this combination of power and fuel economy Mazda would have you believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)