9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Got my tw 2013 sedan si

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  chacky09 
#1 ·
My car finally arrived! Got a call from the dealership. It's being washed and whatnot. I'll have her by tonight. So stoked!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Oh I had to wait 4 weeks for mine, it was from the factory of honda. They didnt have white anywhere near my area. They have 4 black ones at the dealership, I was gonna settle for black but I was like I rather wait lol. I just drove around my neighborhood. I am new to stick shift and I do not know how to back up. I tried, I stalled 4 times. Any advice?

#7 · (Edited)
Practice makes perfect... Just bring RPM's up to like 1500, then slowly let off the clutch to get a feel for it. Once you start to feel the car move, that's about how far you need to release the clutch for any gear and apply gas at the same time, but very little. Continuously let off the clutch slowly...that's all I can really tell you about that. Slow clutch release and little gas.

EDIT: I wasn't that good with my 2012 Si either. It had been three years since I drove a manual when I got my 2012 Si...but after a couple days of excitement about my new car (driving it around all day), I got used to it. Now my 2013 Si a piece of cake to drive. If I drive an automatic, I miss the manual. :D

#13 ·
Thank you guys for all you support and replies.

I came from an auto cars, so my habit is to just step on the gas like crazy since it takes a while for the car to boost for autos. So My other habit is putting in too much gas and letting go of the clutch too fast, so I need to re teach myself to go slow.

Its weird. But soon like you all said, it'll become second nature.

#14 ·
so in reverse you don't want to let off the clutch all the way, just enough to back up. If you let off the clutch all the way you will be going like 15 mph lol just ease off enough to get it to start reversing. you'll get the hang of it I'm 17 and my body just does it i don't have to think about it anymore. Definatly practice up hill.. you don't want it to be your first lesson when someone is close behind you and you get nervous so you stomp on the gas and forget to let out the clutch all the way and burn your clutch out.. defiantly didn't happen to me.. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.