Takeda SRI for R18
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Takeda SRI for R18

Takeda SRI for R18

Been thinking about getting the Takeda SRI for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger. Any R18 owners have this and want to give their thoughts? I know this won’t increase much power but I do know it’ll give a deeper sound and increase throttle response(hopefully). I’d be getting this without a tune for now but possibly down the road may do an etune. Does anyone have any issues with heat soak or anything I should know about? I was thinking about putting a K&N drop in filter in to see if I get anything out of it but would rather save the $60 and just go with a decent intake.
    Last edited by 2013CivicEx; 05-13-2019 at 07:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Why not just got with the HPS intake its $100 cheaper than the takeda and will do the same thing
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    Why not just got with the HPS intake its $100 cheaper than the takeda and will do the same thing
    I like how the takeda is covered and I feel that the HPS would probably heat soak like crazy and I don’t really want an exposed filter for our Canadian winters eh?

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

You can also do the resonator delete on the stock intake system which will give it more grunt too.

Theres also a youtube channel called precision auto canada that tunes a lot of hondas and the majority are running exposed filters even CAI. Youre getting a SRI so dont have to worry about sucking up any water or snow if thats your concern
    Last edited by 12FG4Rallye; 05-14-2019 at 07:23 AM.

205 whp
    174 wtq

Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    You can also do the resonator delete on the stock intake system which will give it more grunt too.

Theres also a youtube channel called precision auto canada that tunes a lot of hondas and the majority are running exposed filters even CAI. Youre getting a SRI so dont have to worry about sucking up any water or snow if thats your concern
    Cool thanks man I’ll check them out. I’ve thought about doing the resonator delete also. On my way to grab an oil filter and some new LED bulbs so I may just grab the K&N Drop in for now and do the res delete.

That should give you the sound you want and LEDs to swap out the interior lights or low beam headlight?

205 whp
    174 wtq

I’ll have to do the res delete at some point. I didn’t really notice much with the drop in filter which I figured I wouldn’t anyways. I picked up LED’s for my lowbeams. Been thinking about getting some for my reverse lights and license plate as well.

Id be careful with LEDs in lowbeams, idk what brand you have but a lot of the cheaper kits do not have proper beam cutoff and are not good in reflector style headlights and will produce a huge amount of glare even if you adjust your headlights. Had some for a short time and they were crap and i felt like an @ss lol

Check out bulbfacts.com tjey teat all sorts of halogens, HID and LED kits to see what work well and dont work will in both reflector and projector headlights.

205 whp
    174 wtq

I bought the sylvania zevo LEDs they were on sale for $130 regular $200. I’ve seen good reviews on them and they look alright from what I can see. I did adjust them so they’re pointing lower than my stock halogens. It’s not dark yet so that’ll be the true test. I’ll check that site out though thanks. I usually always run HIDS but I figured I’d give these a shot.
    Last edited by 2013CivicEx; 05-14-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Im running the sylvania zxe halogens in my lows and then nokya yellows in my highs and fogs

205 whp
    174 wtq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)