A little more hp for R18
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: A little more hp for R18

A little more hp for R18

What mods can I do to get a little more power out of the civic ex with out making it a loud turd just looking for a little more pep

(This thread has been merged with two (for now) newer threads all dealing with getting more power from the R18 engine. New threads on this topic will be merged here. --Moderator)
    Last edited by scottyrocks; 06-26-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    2012 civic ex Urban Titanium Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Big Timer!!!
    I'd just pay off the EX and trade it in for an SI or other vehicle with 200+ hp with a manny tranny. The EX is a 140hp automatic transmission economy car. The SI is an economy car too. No amount of bolt ons are going to give you any meaningful increases in power. That's just my 2 cents...
    2013 ASM Civic Si - Stock
    2013 Ninja 300 EX

Banned
    Headers/down pipe

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

A little more hp

Intake resonator delete. ( leave the strength down pipe connected). If you are not live in the snow country, you can do throttle body coolant bypass. Keep the car lite weight. Check tires pressure. Increase tires psi a little more will help the car respond a little better. All these mod are cost you almost nothing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Joserosalesz likes this.
    March 2013 FB2/FG3 Winner!
    KTuner
    AFE Takeda
    Air Filter Intake w/ ram air mod
    P2R Throttle Body Spacer w/ gasket mod
    Custom 2" mid-pipe
    AFE Takeda Axleback

Hidden Content

Yea just looking for a little more pep if it comes down to it can try to trade it in for the new si
    2012 civic ex Urban Titanium Metallic

One Bad Mama Jama!!! twister8008's Avatar
    I agree with the si comment. You need a decent base first. You will waste money and still not get close to your gains goal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2013SilverSI likes this.

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    A K&N drop-in air filter will give it a 'little more pep.'
    koni likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    K&N with Resonator Delete:

Super Mod's Pet
    Quote Originally Posted by 2013SilverSI View Post
    I'd just pay off the EX and trade it in for an SI or other vehicle with 200+ hp with a manny tranny. The EX is a 140hp automatic transmission economy car. The SI is an economy car too. No amount of bolt ons are going to give you any meaningful increases in power. That's just my 2 cents...
    ..I knew it was only a matter of time...
    I have an ex coupe manual with intake & exhaust and it's just quick enough for me and also gets at least 32 mpg with my lead foot.
    Perfect car for me IMO
    to each their own.
    Good luck either way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    scottyrocks likes this.
    2012 RR R18 ex coupe
    R18 member #1117

The day us R18 owners can get a HP boost with out having to go turbo, will be a day to rejoice, I am talking 20HP more, 14ft more TQ, and i would back flips, bust my ass, get Honda tattooed on me, the emblem, the whole damn car tattooed on me.

Yes SI ladies and gentlemen, I agree, and the SI is a bad ass, I will own one next year, but i am going to keep my R18 civic, Gets far better gas mileage than the SI. No you can not match my avg gas mileage of 35.8 mpg, and that is running it decently hard daily. You can't match that, No

160HP with the R18 is a happy medium between the SI and R18, i don't think we will ever see it happen, not with out costing in the K's region. which is not worth it in opinion, No tuner, no HP gains for the R18 in my opinion. give me a tuner, a exhaust and cai, I can make it get another 20HP and load up on some TQ and be one helluva lot of fun as a daily commuter and still get the gas milage.
    Last edited by koni; 04-22-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    Civi9 and Xhausted like this.

2013 Civic Si Coupe - Polished Metal Metallic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)