would you have kept this
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bfaided1984

Thread: would you have kept this

would you have kept this

so, my daughter bought a 2016 CR-V, and we went to finalize the financing last night. while there, i caught a conversation between a customer and salesperson. salesperson asked: any mods to it? customer: downpipe, cold air intake, aftermarket lip and drop in filter. that caught my attention to listen better. customer tells salesman: "it's been a garage queen for the last 4-5 year, maybe 300 miles a year. it's got 45K total now. i've had my fun, time to grow up a bit i think"

he traded a 2007 Subaru WRX STI. silver with the silver wheels. i told him he's making a mistake. should have held on to it. kept it a garage queen for 10 more years. i see that car having alot of value down the road. btw, he got 21K for the trade. customer told me that and i didn't believe him, but then i asked the finance guy once we were doing our paperwork and he confirmed the 21K trade in.

i ask...if it was yours, free and clear...would you have kept it or traded it?

hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Would have kept. Wish my car was that low mileage.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Kept for sure. Gonna be a regret later on for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Any idea what he traded it for?
    I'm a big fan of Subarus AWD system. Not a fan of the boxer though. Have a N/A beater Subaru...it gets 28mpg, and about 500 miles per quart. Id take the money.

he traded for a Blue with black racing stripes 2019 Camaro SS

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by fear24 View Post
    he traded for a Blue with black racing stripes 2019 Camaro SS
    Downgrade
    modrid81 likes this.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

i walked up....teased him about it being more family friendly (cause that's what he said earlier when we first started talking)....he responded, i meant age appropriate. i told him...i would have kept the subie.

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver

Hidden Content

Held onto it for sure, people are paying crazy money for clean/low mileage subies.

On the flip side, based on what you overheard Ill bet he was just bored with it and/or disliked the "vape bro" community around them. Also, I can understand not wanting something you're not using taking up garage space. Having been in a similar position when I sold my Miata, I say good for him.
    9th Civic POP Crew #60

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)