Turbo tips needed! - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Turbo tips needed!

Now that I think about it, the RBC and Borg Warner EFR created alot of work in front of the engine. The full race kit, with EFR turbo is water-cooled. Rerouting coolant for the RBC swap, and for the turbo was alot of hose routing. The RBC required a different fuel rail, adapters for the I.D. injectors, and cutting up the fuel injector wiring, as well as buying the special crimper for the type of pins on the new injector clips.
    I did not want to do a build that my wife and kids didn't want to ride, and with a open downpipe they wouldnt ride in it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Nice build man. Sounds like it was a TON of work and money even though you did it yourself. In hindsight, do you think that the time and effort was actually worth it? 5 months and 10K is a sizable investment.

Quote Originally Posted by fahnix View Post
    Nice build man. Sounds like it was a TON of work and money even though you did it yourself. In hindsight, do you think that the time and effort was actually worth it? 5 months and 10K is a sizable investment.
    That's a very good question. Probably not 10k worth it! I have a beater Subaru as a daily, so that helps. Only worked in garage as I wanted, and kids were with me in there nearly the entire time. I'm kinda getting tired of being rushed working on crap, so I figured if I was going to turbo it, i was going to do it as enjoyable as possible. I had always wanted to turbo something too.
    Couple things, my car before was worth about 12k. Now it's worth, about 12k. Not financially a good idea. I don't daily it. I used to tailgate gravel trucks waiting to pass, now I'm afraid of door dings in the work parking lot. So that's weird.
    Funny story, my 7 years old daughter was at school, there was a career day type thing. One guy there had a dirt track race car for kids to see. My daughter asks how many turbos does it have, and told him my "race car" had a turbo. Guy ended up starting the car for her.
    fahnix likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    You successfully planted the turbo seed for the next generation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now