2012 HF Under-body panels - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2012 HF Under-body panels

Quote Originally Posted by SLL View Post
    I got #12 & 13 panels yesterday. Plastic!! Still have to figure out what to do about the clips because I was unable to order them.

Can you post what clips you used and ordered, after you're done installing the under panels.

-Brian
    Past: 2000 FBP Acura Integra Type-R (SOLD)

Present:
    2012 PMM Honda Civic LX, 2009 GPW Honda S2000

Future: Porsche 911 Turbo S

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

SLL
    I have not had the time to look into the clips yet. The panel are still sitting in the box. I need to take a trip to the big city and find a dealer that will help me with this. If any one knows where I can get the clips on line please post it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WillieSM View Post
    I'm going to have to look under my car.
    Looks like 12 and 13 are missing from the non-HF.
    I might just spend $50 for the clean look underneath.
    on my 2012 civic si sedan, I do have part # 12 and 13 but I dont have part number #1-4

Smart Auto Parts Picker: Genuine Honda Parts - Discount OEM Honda Auto Parts

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I have not had the time to look into the clips yet. The panel are still sitting in the box. I need to take a trip to the big city and find a dealer that will help me with this. If any one knows where I can get the clips on line please post it.

Thanks
    clips you can just get from the part department front honda or go to autozone and they have many different OEM style clips

SLL

Panels installed.

Finally got the two panels installed yesterday. It very easy if you have a hoist. The rear panel uses 2 existing bumper clips, (3) 8mm? bolt holes with welded nuts already there and (1) 10mm push clips. The front panel uses (2) 10mm push clips and (2) existing 8mm? bolts. I also used (2) large cable ties to hold the panel tighter up against the gas tank brackets. I did not have 10mm push clips so I used bolts and washers. With no problem. So fare things look promising. One highway trip, 60 miles going, 50.6 mpg and 47.8 mpg on the return. My average on the tank so far is 45.4 but I,m still at 3/4 of a tank. My 15 mile trip to work seems to have pick up about 2mpg. Really to early to tell it it really did any thing yet. I will keep you posted.

Finally got the two panels installed yesterday. It very easy if you have a hoist. The rear panel uses 2 existing bumper clips, (3) 8mm? bolt holes with welded nuts already there and (1) 10mm push clips. The front panel uses (2) 10mm push clips and (2) existing 8mm? bolts. I also used (2) large cable ties to hold the panel tighter up against the gas tank brackets. I did not have 10mm push clips so I used bolts and washers. With no problem. So fare things look promising. One highway trip, 60 miles going, 50.6 mpg and 47.8 mpg on the return. My average on the tank so far is 45.4 but I,m still at 3/4 of a tank. My 15 mile trip to work seems to have pick up about 2mpg. Really to early to tell it it really did any thing yet. I will keep you posted.
    thats incredible man

Part of the HF package includes special tires/wheels and a additional(s) under body panels for better air flow. Does anyone have any info ( part# etc.) on these parts? Will they fit an EX? See insert from HF add.
    My father in-law recently bought a CIVIC LX and I'm converting it to match the HF under body. There are two panels missing, one directly under the gas tank, and another under the trunk all the way back to the bumper bottom.
    I ordered and installed the panels. They use two different kind of plastic snaps and a few steel bolts.
    I noticed that the panel under the gas tank is only attached to the front and the rear ends with no support in the middle, that's because the HF uses different fuel tank support straps with welded brackets (brackets missing on the LX model) for additional support.
    I ordered those too and will find out if they are compatible with the LX gas tank which shows up as a different part number than the HF tank.
    For the mean time the panel is secured with tie-wraps to make sure it does not flutter or oil can.

We need a DIY step-by-step with pics!!!

Thanks gohammer! Please let us know if it works out or not.

and if possible once everything works out. Can you copy and paste us the exact part numbers and qty used in this project?

Kind regards,

Brian
    Past: 2000 FBP Acura Integra Type-R (SOLD)

Present:
    2012 PMM Honda Civic LX, 2009 GPW Honda S2000

Future: Porsche 911 Turbo S

I have a Si coupe and it came with under body panels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 HF Under-body panels-img_2400.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)