2012 HF Under-body panels - Page 5
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2012 HF Under-body panels

55 isn't bad considering

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    2012 Civic Sedan EX in Dyno Blue Pearl V1
    Have:
    LED Dome, License, DTRL, and Trunk lights; Morimoto Mini H1 with 6000k bulbs; Dual Accord Horn upgrade;
    Soon:
    Full Stereo Overhaul, Seat Covers, light overlays, led dtrls, hid backup lights, black grill.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gohammer View Post
    Attachment 2048Attachment 2049Attachment 2050Attachment 2051Attachment 2052
    Got the project finished last week, the gas tank support straps are 100% compatible with the Civic LX and every thing fits perfectly.
    This is not my car, before the panels where installed my father in law made a road trip to Michigan driving at 75mph on cruise control most of the time and he claims the car averaged 37 MPG. He doesn't track MPG's so it will be hard to quantify from his experience.
    This panels should start to make a difference on anything over 50 MPH.Attachment 2047

Hey GoHammer,

Thank you for all your pictures and your hard work, people will definitely be using this thread to build them a HF. Do you know how many screws from Majestic and the plastic snap fasteners from Napa are needed and what type?

Kind Regards,

Brian
    Past: 2000 FBP Acura Integra Type-R (SOLD)

Present:
    2012 PMM Honda Civic LX, 2009 GPW Honda S2000

Future: Porsche 911 Turbo S

Here is the link to the parts page that has the panels and hardware: Honda Automotive Parts
    I don't remember exactly what I ordered for hardware and I no longer have the receipt but I would get 2 ea. of item 25, 2 ea. of item 27, 2 ea. 28, 4 ea. 36, and 2 ea. 37 The different bolts have different grip-lengths, eg. : Some go through more plastic layers than others.

Here are the fuel tank straps if you like a neater installation, without both of this straps the panel under the gas tank will not have adequate support but I'm sure some of you could come up with creative ways to secure that panel anyway: Honda Automotive Parts
    You will need items 2 and 3. The bolts for this are already present in your car.

"DON'T FORGET TO USE JACK-STANDS"

I'm adding this because when I attempted to install the panel under the gas tank the fasteners did not line up to the holes on the straps.
    The correct way to install these parts is to follow this sequence:
    1) Install straps but do not torque large bolts.
    2) Install panel with bolts and plastic snaps on to straps.
    3) Torque large strap bolts.
    4) Re-install heat shield (removed previously for access)
    Last edited by gohammer; 02-02-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    BCho86 and biker128pedal like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Big Timer!!!
    Great. I was looking to do this. Now to see what needs to be trimmed to fit around the hitch I installed.

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by end_user View Post
    I'm pretty sure the whole civic line up has underbody panels across the board. I'm sure that's the case for the Canadian cars unless the underbody panels are different on the HF. My LX has them and bluetooth is standard on the LX as well.
    My lx does not have bluetooth! Im all in on the gas saving things too! I may be looking into this project as well.
    Last edited by HoN-Da-59; 01-15-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Thank you for the help gohammer. One more question before I order the parts. how many bolts should I order for #37?

Present:

Quote Originally Posted by BCho86 View Post
    How many bolts should I order for #37?
    Not sure because I didn't keep a tally of all the parts I ordered versus the parts I actually needed, and the car is not mine or in my garage to go check.
    I can see that #37 is a plastic snap fastener, the same one that holds the bumper trim panel under the car which you will reuse on both sides to attach the back of the new panel and the bumper trim, looks like there is one needed for the left front corner of the rear panel near the wheel well.
    You can order one #37 or go to Napa and show them a sample of one of the fasteners in your car, they have good equivalent fasteners.
    If you end up short on any of these plastic fasteners make a quick trip to the autoparts store.
    Have fun.

Just ordered all my parts from Majestic Honda; shipping came out to $14.00, not bad considering others charge well over $50. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm in process of converting my car into a HF haha. I wonder where I can pick up used Hybrid OEM Honda Rims.

Present:

Thank you gohammer for this information. I may start on it soon. For anyone that has done this project , did any of you see an improvement in MPG?
    2012 Civic LX Sedan
    Alabaster Silver

i did this on my manual trans LX sedan, but i can't really judge too well as i didn't have too many miles on it before i added the under body panel. i only went with the rear most panel, not the one under the gas tank. i do know that my average gas mileage is about 30.1 MPG. it would be higher, but about 80% of my driving is my 2 mile commute to and from work that has about 7 traffic lights. as soon as i hit the highway (where this panel really comes into play), my MPG's raise pretty quickly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)