Should I get body side molding on a 2012 sedan?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

    Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Should I get body side molding on a 2012 sedan?

  1. #1
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    196

    Should I get body side molding on a 2012 sedan?

    I know body side molding is pretty dorky. But I freaking hate the dings that I get in parking lots and feel like anything that can help prevent them is worth getting, short of putting tires along the side like a tugboat (though I am tempted). I figure the body side molding could prevent maybe half of the dings I get. I looked at a Civic with body side moldings today. After a long hard look (that's what she said) from different angles, I realized that in my opinion body side molding does not improve the appearance the 2012. What do you guys think - protection or beauty?

    By the way, I drove by a gray 4 door on the highway. I was astounded at how good the Civic looked. People think it is kind of boring when they first see it, but it really has something that grows on you.
    Last edited by Andex; 11-20-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Digger likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Super Mod's Pet Project_RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    681
    beauty! just A) don't park near people who look like they dgaf about their car, or B) don't park near anybody at all. haha and you should be good. hasn't failed me yet!
    lee.m likes this.
    -Brad

    2012 Civic LX Coupe
    R18 Crew Member #663
    Rallye Red


  4. #3
    2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM Marchael's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Andex View Post
    I know body side molding is pretty dorky. But I freaking hate the dings that I get in parking lots and feel like anything that can help prevent them is worth getting, short of putting tires along the side like a tugboat (though I am tempted). I figure the body side molding could prevent maybe half of the dings I get. I looked at a Civic with body side moldings today. After a long hard look (that's what she said) from different angles, I realized that in my opinion body side molding does not improve the appearance the 2012. What do you guys think - protection or beauty?

    By the way, I drove by a gray 4 door on the highway. I was astounded at how good the Civic looked. People think it is kind of boring when they first see it, but it really has something that grows on you.
    i have body side moldings on my civic LX cause they gave it to me for free. anyhow, i dont really think it helps with dings or scrapes to be honest cuz it adds like half an inch or less of an extension to protect your door. just do what Project RR said, park far and away from other cars cuz it really helps to avoid accidents in lots.
    2012 Taffeta White LX Sedan
    Member ID: 926
    FB2 Squad #22
    R18 Crew #549

    MY GARAGE
    Hidden Content

    2014 FB2/FB6 JANUARY ROTM Winner
    2013 FB2/FG3 JANUARY ROTM Winner

  5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    99
    Should I get body side molding on a 2012 sedan?-image.jpgShould I get body side molding on a 2012 sedan?-image.jpgI got mine from honda Philippines modulo side protector it goes on the bottom where the decals are and it looks good it flows in the car

  7. #5
    Platinum Member mno86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Project_RR View Post
    beauty! just A) don't park near people who look like they dgaf about their car, or B) don't park near anybody at all. haha and you should be good. hasn't failed me yet!
    Yeah, that definitely cuts down on it, but I can't tell you the number of times I'll park at the back of the Target parking lot - away from all cart corrals and other cars, and I'll come out to two beat up minivans parked right next to me, packing me in like a sardine. Seriously? This can't just happen to me. Still - its the safest bet.

    And I HATE when I see a Camaro parked in between the lines, taking up two spots. To me, that's always been a really easy excuse to have a nasty note left for you...or worse. A friend of mine did that with his Mustang. He got a threatening note calling him out on it, and saying if he did it again, he'd regret it. Well, he paid no mind. The key marks are still visible in his car.

    I never thought much of the body side moulding. On some cars, I think it looks decent. After looking at it on the Civic, I'm not so sure its as nice looking as I thought it was. Hm...I can't imagine that its super cheap to buy and have installed at the dealership (I don't have a steady enough hand to do it myself), and I've heard the protection is questionable so it kinda makes me wonder if its worth it.

  8. #6
    Photoshop Masta Beeshabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by 204_si View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1413 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	35682Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4642 
Size:	466.5 KB 
ID:	35690I got mine from honda Philippines modulo side protector it goes on the bottom where the decals are and it looks good it flows in the car
    Yo!! That looks so dope...you wouldn't happen to have a link to buy them do you?
    K24 Crew Member #909
    2012 PMM FB6




  9. #7
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeshabo View Post
    Yo!! That looks so dope...you wouldn't happen to have a link to buy them do you?
    Civic Modulo + Accessories :: Honda Cars Philippines, Inc.

  10. #8
    Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Isle of Langerhan, NY
    Posts
    27,024
    Quote Originally Posted by 204_si View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1413 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	35682Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4642 
Size:	466.5 KB 
ID:	35690I got mine from honda Philippines modulo side protector it goes on the bottom where the decals are and it looks good it flows in the car
    Do those do any good all the way down there?
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

  11. #9
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    99
    I guess its kind a like a 8th gen where there moldings are any way its way bettern than us and cnd version haha

  12. #10
    Top Dawg!! batman900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,235
    You resurrected 3 old threads about the same thing with the same reply 204. Are you trying to sell those or something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. Body side molding worth it?
    By Sodo in forum Sedan
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 04:01 PM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 12:49 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 02:05 PM
  4. 2012 EX Sedan Side View Mirrors
    By Dieselnomore in forum Sedan
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 08:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2