rv6 downpipe exhaust leak? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rv6 downpipe exhaust leak?

I would check your downpipe for leaks. I had an ultimate downpipe that i bought used from someone on this forum, i thought it was normal, but then one day i pushed my car to 7k rpm and all of a sudden my car got really loud. My downpipe had broken.
    rv6 downpipe exhaust leak?-snapchat-1806591166.jpg

The next day i had no choice but to drive my car with a broken downpipe. As i was driving to work the next morning, i lost power steering, my steering wheel got really hard, Once i got home i jacked my car up and noticed that the broken exhaust had melted the power steering wires and fused them together. I had to separate each individual wire and wrap each wire in electrical tape, luckily it wasn't a big problem and i temporarily fixed it. I went ahead and purchased a brand new Skunk2 downpipe and the exhaust sounds soo smooth now, i have no more leaks.

rv6 downpipe exhaust leak?-snapchat-553857411.jpg
    2013 Honda Civic SI Sedan - Crystal Black Pearl
    BuddyClub N+ Coilovers
    Acuity Shifter Bushings
    Acuity Shift Selector Springs
    Clutch Masters Stage 1 Clutch
    K-Tuned Slave And Master Cylinder

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I have a catted full race down pipe and it sounds like a hiss sound at cold start up. Specially if it has a flex pipe. After it warms up it hissing goes away.
    2015 Civic SI Hidden Content

Hissing is inherent to the flex pipe portion. Had the same thing on my 8th's header.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)