rv6 downpipe exhaust leak?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rv6 downpipe exhaust leak?

Greenhorn

rv6 downpipe exhaust leak?

I installed the catted rv6 downpipe and invidia q300. I also got the car tuned by Steve over at eztunes. It took a while for the tuning process, mostly because I had to stop halfway through and figure out how to get it to pass inspection (I live in NY). After adjusting the defoueler and flashing the ECU to stock, I finally got it to pass. Now I'm running the tune from Steve and I'm not sure if this is normal noise for the downpipe to make or if I have an exhaust leak?

https://youtu.be/II9NLcpeEeI

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Does it do it all the time or just on a cold start?
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Greenhorn
    Sorry I didn't clarify that. It's only on cold start. And it goes away after about 30 seconds.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Mine does the same thing. I think if it was a leak it would make the sound all the time.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.

Greenhorn
    Thats what I was reading. That allot of these aftermarket downpipes make noise on cold starts. Just wasn't sure if that's what the noise should sound like? I was also under the impression that exhaust leaks are more noticeable during cold starts. That once the engine and exhaust warms up the noise does down.

Quote Originally Posted by luvbuckets View Post
    Thats what I was reading. That allot of these aftermarket downpipes make noise on cold starts. Just wasn't sure if that's what the noise should sound like? I was also under the impression that exhaust leaks are more noticeable during cold starts. That once the engine and exhaust warms up the noise does down.
    Yea I dunno about all that, but the sound yours makes is the same mine makes. Last time I had an exhaust leak it made my car sound like a diesel truck and was more noticeable when it was warm.

Sounds just like my car does on first start up after sitting for awhile. Normal as far as I know.
    2015 Rallye Red Si Coupe
    Acuity Curl CAI, Hasport Torque Mount & Rear Motor Mount, Acuity Shift Linkage & Shifter Base Bushings, Acuity ESCO Shift Knob, BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S, FKX RSB/LTB, SiriMoto FSB/RLTB, Full Race Cat-Back, RV6 Catted DP

I gave up tightening my exhaust all the time. Once the metal heats up and expands, the gap for the exhaust leak is gone. Normally 15-20 seconds. Think my downpipe is good, but the slip on style mid pipe is the culprit.

Big Timer!!!
    my PLM downpipe does the same thing, i think it’s just the nature of the beast.

Greenhorn
    Thanks for all the input guys. I guess I'll just leave it alone then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)