Non si models (slotted or drilled rotors?)
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Non si models (slotted or drilled rotors?)

Non si models (slotted or drilled rotors?)

I know most proably are going to say why, but i have a heavy braking foot. Has anyone upgraded brakes rotors to high performance rotors like spotted and drilled. what brand. I am looking at ebc. I hage used them in the past. I have a12 ex

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Stoptech and dont need both drilled and slotted thats overkill slotted will suffice and either their pads or hawk hps pads.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

I just went cheap on mine, Amazon. Drilled and slotted (overkill, but looks nice, limited options at the time). Power stop street warrior, was $306 for all 4 corners. They are not the best brakes, but im not planning to stop from 100mph several times in a row. I'm somewhere close to 390whp, and they have brought me to a stop sufficiently.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmonr View Post
    I know most proably are going to say why, but i have a heavy braking foot. Has anyone upgraded brakes rotors to high performance rotors like spotted and drilled. what brand. I am looking at ebc. I hage used them in the past. I have a12 ex
    There's a heavy braking foot, and there's a heavy braking foot at high speeds for sustained periods of time.

Rotors with holes in them are for cooling, usually necessitated by driving at, and braking from, racing speeds. If you have a heavy foot but are doing just normal street driving, then replacing perfectly good stock rotors is a waste of time and money. Learn how to manage your braking more effectively and efficiently, and extend the life of your pads and rotors.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

I have stoptech slotted and drilled sport rotors. I prefer slotted but it was cheaper this way. $100 for the front and $60 rear axle pack. Best brake I've owned.

I do drive at high speeds. I like the overkill. I like the added proctection. The stock rotors i warp theb replace. Noe cars out of warnity i wabted a nice upgrade. Welcome to florida. I drive fast alot. Also using brakes hard in the exit ramps and such. Corners are fun.

Do u push the stop techs hard? It seems so cheap.

No just normal driving. I work day time now with traffic. I used to work nights and drive windy (curvy) road. Felt like the only car on the road. Now I dont have a chance. For the price it could be centric rotors with stoptech labeling. Same company.

Oh ok Thank you for the update

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Moved to Suspension & Brakes.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)