New member needs advice!
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bfaided1984
  • 1 Post By 12FG4Rallye
  • 1 Post By bfaided1984
  • 1 Post By nozzle28

Thread: New member needs advice!

Greenhorn

New member needs advice!

New member needs advice!-civic1.jpgHere is my new Civic. its a 2013 Si. It has Skunk2 lowering springs among other mods, and I think the rear camber needs adjusting. Not sure I want to keep the springs and get a camber kit or return to oem springs. Any advice on a good place to purchase these? is there a market for used springs? Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Can't adjust rear camber without arms. Could probably get some money for the skunk2 springs, and could find factory ones cheap enough. Or you could live with it. These cars sit really high factory.
    nozzle28 likes this.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Yeah once you go to stock springs after having the car sitting as low as it is its going to look like a 4x4 lol im running the megan rear camber arms and have no complaints. They are a little over $200 for the pair and then just have a shop do an alignment and adjust the camber
    nozzle28 likes this.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    Yeah once you go to stock springs after having the car sitting as low as it is its going to look like a 4x4 lol im running the megan rear camber arms and have no complaints. They are a little over $200 for the pair and then just have a shop do an alignment and adjust the camber
    Nah man go oldschool with the string
    nozzle28 likes this.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.

Greenhorn
    Thanks for all the replies. I ordered a set of SPC arms and found a good shop in the area to do the alignment. I might try the string method first though. There are a lot of good how to videos on youtube...
    bfaided1984 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nozzle28 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I ordered a set of SPC arms and found a good shop in the area to do the alignment. I might try the string method first though. There are a lot of good how to videos on youtube...
    The last time I did arms I just lined them up with the factory ones, then adjusted them out a few turns. Camber is pretty easy to see. When done take it to an alignment shop and have them check it before they adjust it as most places will check for free. This is also a good idea since the car is new to you, and they can check all the other stuff, make sure it looks good.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)