OEM rotors and pads are the best, convince me otherwise
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By J9thGen

Thread: OEM rotors and pads are the best, convince me otherwise

Greenhorn

OEM rotors and pads are the best, convince me otherwise

Hi All,

I am going to have to replace my pads and rotors soon, since my steering wheel shakes slightly during hard braking. I have no engine mods.

OEM rotors and pads have lasted me about 7years now. WHY should i go anything besides OEM??
    San Jose, CA

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    And how many miles?

If you’re not doing any performance driving then yeah. Go for it. I’ve had hawk hps pads last over 100k miles of driving. Those are my go to daily driver pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 FB6 DBP Si

Hidden Content

Just want to throw this out there, regardless of your definition of performance, I'd price OEM and some other brakes. If your looking for stopping power, OEM is made to last for along time and perform adequately. Aftermarket is made stop very well but not be great for normal driving, or be quiet and cheap, quiet and less dust, or anything in between (often cheaper than OEM).

If your not worried about price, and don't care for any more of any type of performance, OEM is best.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

OEM is best. If u wanna save money try centric or Wagner pads and rotors.
    scottyrocks likes this.

Greenhorn
    So Hawk is the OEM? I tried an aftermarket and they already went bad in about a year so I’m looking for the OEM.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    I have almost 180,000km on my front pads and rotors. They are due to be changed on my 2013. The rears, though, I'm about to install my third set. So, I plan to install OEM on the fronts and quality aftermarket parts for the rear. No point in spending Honda money on Honda parts if aftermarket will do just fine... Hopefully aftermarket will last just as long on the rears. I bought Centric rotors for the rear and Akebono pads.. If they last 2 years it'll be on par, and cheaper, than OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13CivicSiSedan View Post
    I have almost 180,000km on my front pads and rotors. They are due to be changed on my 2013. The rears, though, I'm about to install my third set. So, I plan to install OEM on the fronts and quality aftermarket parts for the rear. No point in spending Honda money on Honda parts if aftermarket will do just fine... Hopefully aftermarket will last just as long on the rears. I bought Centric rotors for the rear and Akebono pads.. If they last 2 years it'll be on par, and cheaper, than OEM.
    If I read this right, your -REAR- pads wear faster than the FRONT? How long did your first set of rear pads last?

I still have factory rears on mine at 80k. They are just now due for replacement.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Quote Originally Posted by 9thgensifamily View Post
    If I read this right, your -REAR- pads wear faster than the FRONT? How long did your first set of rear pads last?
    I am the same way. I’m still on my OEM front pads at over 152,000 miles. I’m on probably my third set of rear pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)