Rear Camber arm install
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Knoxville Si
  • 1 Post By Knoxville Si

Thread: Rear Camber arm install

Greenhorn

Rear Camber arm install

I'M NOT A PRO! I'M SIMPLY SHARING MY EXPERIENCE! Get a professional alignment after your done.
    Anyways.... hope this helps.

FYI - I installed Skunk2 lowering springs months earlier.

1. loosen the lug nuts, jack up the car, set it on a jack stand, take off the wheel.
    Attachment 246745
    2. jack up the the suspension so that it won't go anywhere when you take off the stock arm. Attachment 246769

3. the arm has 3 attach points. a bolt up front Attachment 246809 and two bolts going into the frame. Attachment 246817 the rear bolts are hard to get to. i used about a 9 inch extender on my socket wrench. Take those out. Then take out the bolt up front. the black nut is secured in place by a small bolt. take it out and life is easier. Attachment 246777Attachment 246793
    4. Rear Camber arm install-img_0985.jpg If you install one like this SPC brand rear camber arm, you will want to follow the instructions for setting the length. i extended mine almost to the max and will let an alignment shop do the final tweaks.
    5. Now just put it back together! NOTE that when you go to unscrew the two rear bolts on the passenger side, the exhaust will be in the way. Fortunately it comes apart right there. If the bolts are rusty and you feel like you are trying two hard to get them out, they might break, like one of mine,, so don't end up like me with a broken muffler bolt.
    Vtec_Jay likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Rear Camber arm install-img_0972.jpgRear Camber arm install-img_0974.jpgRear Camber arm install-img_0975.jpgRear Camber arm install-img_0976.jpgRear Camber arm install-img_0978.jpgRear Camber arm install-img_0983.jpgRear Camber arm install-img_0987.jpgRear Camber arm install-img_0990.jpg
    Vtec_Jay likes this.

Good job man!

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Thanks! Anyone install the front bolts? or know how many negative degrees skunk2 lowering springs cause?

SORRY FOR PULLING AN OLD THREAD BACK UP,

I'm about to install my Godspeed Camber arms on this weekend, and I've seen a few threads discussing installs.

1. Do I need any new hardware for this install, or will the OEM bolts & nuts work with my aftermarket camber arms?

2. I also saw people saying to use a lubricant/grease to rid squeaks and what not, can these be purchased from local auto parts stores or do you need to hit a dealership up?

I need to install mine STAT and want to ensure that no issues keep me from completing the install. I don't want to have the stock rear arms off and realize I need longer hardware or something. Any and all help/hints are appreciated.

2013 CBP Si Sedan

Type R Badges // OEM Door Visors // Rear Window Visor // BLOX Spherical Neo Chrome Knob // Type A Lip // K&N Typhoon 69 Series SRI // Homemade Vinyls....everywhere // Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs // "JDM" License Plate Relocator // Invidia N1 Catback exhaust (burnt tip)

Hidden Content

Big Timer!!!
    thanks for the post. Looks like I'll be installing my BC's soon.
    instagram: 9thgencivicparts

Nooblets
    nice work!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)