Installing skunk2 springs and camber arms - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Installing skunk2 springs and camber arms

Baned
    It may. I knew in years past they wouldn't do vehicles with wheels over 16inches. Really? What car rollin' on 17s nowadays?! I lowered my Fit and took it there with no problems. I also previously lowered an Accord and took it to a different Firestone and they were able to do it. The only real reason why they should say they can't do it is because they don't have a roll-in bay (or something like that as opposed to a ramp you'd have to drive up to get onto the lift).

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Platinum Member EffBee6fromthe209's Avatar
    Yeah I guess its a location based thing then.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EffBee6fromthe209 View Post
    Yeah I guess its a location based thing then.
    I'm going to check with the ones in my area. Been to a Firestone auto care before and they seemed trustworthy and atleast better trained. That lifetime alignment may not be a bad idea. Wonder how much that runs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I payed for the lifetime alignment at Firestone on my old hatch and what they told me was, as long as your car can climb on the alignment rack, then your golden.
    ***08/08/11 - I got my 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.Hidden Content ***

*2nd 9thGenCivic.Com Member with a 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.* 1st is 67cougar.

- 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan (Current)
    - 2003 Satin Silver Metallic Honda Civic Si Hatchback (Sold)
    - 1994 Pard Blue Green Pearl Acura Integra GSR Coupe (Stolen/Totaled)
    - 1992 Super White Toyota Corolla DX Sedan (Totaled)

Baned
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpingblack13si View Post
    Wonder how much that runs.
    Not as much as you'd think. I think few years ago in my area it was less than $150USD. I forgot how long it takes though but I'm sure they'll be able to give you an estimate. Don't schedule the appointment for like an hour before they close though because then they'll rush it to go home on time. It may also include a test drive around the block.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    as long as your car can climb on the alignment rack, then your golden.
    Basically the same thing for me too. There are two kinds of racks (no pun intended) though. The first kind is level and pops up out of the ground. This one is very lowered life-friendly. The second one is up on a platform you have to drive up a little ramp to get on. Depending on how all the geometry works you'll either fit, scrape but fit, or get high-centered if you have too much moar low. They "might" accommodate getting the car up the ramp by extending it with 2x4s or something to help with the angles.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Taking car apart now to install, do I need to cut stock bump stops? Springs came with no instructions and i remember a lot of people talking about this? Only wanna have this stuff apart once lol.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Got the springs in but not the camber arms. I wasn't sure the proper way of adjusting/tightening the adjusters on the camber arms and I didn't have a wrench on hand big enough for the adjustments. Any insight would be nice. Called skunk2 and they said not to cut the bump stops.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Someone please help wrap my head around the adjustments on these skunk2 camber arms. I see an end link, jam nut, coupling nut, then another jam nut and then the camber arm. I'm not familiar with adjusting this three piece design and want to get these on so i can go get my alignment done asap. Would really appreciate some insight guys, thanks!

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    As far as the alignment, another possibility is to find and use what will become a TLG - trusted local garage.

My TLG has an alignment rack, and although there isn't a lifetime deal, I always know who is going to work on my car, and the owner and I, at this point in time, go way back. I know it'll be done right.

My Dad has been going to his TLG for over 25 years. He never has any issues there.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrocks View Post
    As far as the alignment, another possibility is to find and use what will become a TLG - trusted local garage.

My TLG has an alignment rack, and although there isn't a lifetime deal, I always know who is going to work on my car, and the owner and I, at this point in time, go way back. I know it'll be done right.

My Dad has been going to his TLG for over 25 years. He never has any issues there.
    I know what you're saying here, unfortunately I live in a small town full of bad shops and have very few that are trustworthy. I have no relationships with the better ones but i know a few exist. Ill try and ask around and ask my camaro and mustang boys just up the road.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)