DIY 2012 SI Sedan Rear Eibach Sway Bar Install - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: DIY 2012 SI Sedan Rear Eibach Sway Bar Install

May 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner Winnn420's Avatar
    Thanks again for the write up..install was a piece of cake! I have it on the softer setting but I'll try both.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    CIVIC and Digger like this.
    2012 Taffeta White Civic Si Coupe

K24Z7 CREW MEMBER #80 **

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Your welcome.
    Digger likes this.
    k24 Crew member #72

nice write up, think ill do this soon. seems like a subtantial upgrade for not too much money. PS is that an STI i see in the background on the last pic? :P
    2012 TW Si Coupe

Invidia Q300 cat-back, Injen CAI v2, Hondata Flashpro, Eibach Pro-kit and 15 mm wheel spacers, roof wrapped with 3m carbon fiber vinyl.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

apologies for the double post...but this piqued my interest on whether or not other sway bars designed for the 8th gen will fit ours. If this eibach, designed for the 8th gen, fits ours perfectly, it leads me to believe that all rear sway bars designed for the last gen should fit ours. They all had to fit that directly, so they all must be similar in design; if one type fits our cars, then all the kinds should. Just a little deductive logic...someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

With that in mind, I feel like I would rather get a Progress sway bar, they are 21mm as opposed to the (19mm you said?) eibach sway bar. Take a look >>

CorSport: Honda - 2006-2011 Honda Civic Si - 62.1009
    2012 TW Si Coupe

Invidia Q300 cat-back, Injen CAI v2, Hondata Flashpro, Eibach Pro-kit and 15 mm wheel spacers, roof wrapped with 3m carbon fiber vinyl.

Yes you are correct I think everyone here is on the same page on that topic, But as of now "I may be wrong" this is the only confirmed one on here. Giving people more certainty when buying. And I think the size of the bar is perfect for most anything.
    Digger likes this.
    k24 Crew member #72

I wouldn't say all 8th gen sway bars fit. Remember every brand is slightly different. So far there is confirmation on the Eibach sway bar. Normally the issue is not with the stock exhaust but with aftermarket exhaust. Progress had 2 different sizes and it was 1 or the other, I can't remember, that was having some clearance issues with aftermarket exhaust. Actually it was either the sway bar or aftermarket exhaust vice versa. It cleared for some but didn't for others so...we can only hope it does as we're all still waiting on the future of aftermarket parts.
    ***08/08/11 - I got my 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.Hidden Content ***

*2nd 9thGenCivic.Com Member with a 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.* 1st is 67cougar.

- 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan (Current)
    - 2003 Satin Silver Metallic Honda Civic Si Hatchback (Sold)
    - 1994 Pard Blue Green Pearl Acura Integra GSR Coupe (Stolen/Totaled)
    - 1992 Super White Toyota Corolla DX Sedan (Totaled)

Big Timer!!!
    So does upgrading the rear sway bar get rid of all the body roll?

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyNice View Post
    So does upgrading the rear sway bar get rid of all the body roll?
    That's the impression I'm under. I think it just tightens up the rear part of the suspension, possibly getting rid of some understeer as well? I just got the 22mm Progress bar (haven't installed it yet), so I'll let you know how it feels when I get it installed.

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyTurboAndIWantItNow View Post
    That's the impression I'm under. I think it just tightens up the rear part of the suspension, possibly getting rid of some understeer as well? I just got the 22mm Progress bar (haven't installed it yet), so I'll let you know how it feels when I get it installed.
    Yeah, let me know for sure. This car has as much body roll as a camry...its my biggest disappointment w this car...the 8th was WAY better in the handling.

Sent from my DROIDX

Big Timer!!!
    So I put it on today and it definitely got rid of some body roll. I only drove it for like 3 minutes but I did a pretty tight turn at a decent speed and felt the back end come out a bit which was cool. Don't expect it to feel like a different car, but it's definitely an improvement. And for only a hundred and some odd dollars it's entirely worth it. I think if you combined this with some decent springs/coilovers you'd feel a huge difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)