DIY 2012 SI Sedan Rear Eibach Sway Bar Install - Page 6
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: DIY 2012 SI Sedan Rear Eibach Sway Bar Install

DIY 2012 SI Sedan Rear Eibach Sway Bar Install

hi, just bought a used eibach sway bar (4031.312). Question: is the Eibach bushing color BLACK or RED? and what kind of Lube/Grease should i use on the bushing (Since it does not come with it). Also the OEM comes with 20mm and eibach is 19mm. Should i replace it with eibach? I'm using Eibach Pro-Kit
    Last edited by ysutarko; 07-18-2015 at 04:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ysutarko View Post
    hi, just bought a used eibach sway bar (4031.312). Question: is the Eibach bushing color BLACK or RED? and what kind of Lube/Grease should i use on the bushing (Since it does not come with it). Also the OEM comes with 20mm and eibach is 19mm. Should i replace it with eibach? I'm using Eibach Pro-Kit
    If your OEM is 20mm than no point in switching to a 19mm sway bar I would just leave it as is.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

NE1 else change the Rear swaybar for 15 SI Sedan?

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

NE1 want to buy the used one from me?

Can someone else please comment on the size difference because I've heard different things. Some people have said that although the Eibach RSB is only 19 mm, it's plenty stiffer than the stock OEM RSB, even though the stock bar is bigger in diameter. Kev, you're saying the 19mm RSB from Eibach won't get you any improvement? Well crap! The Eibach 19mm RSB just showed up at my door and I was about to install it. What do others think / have in terms of experience?
    ~Sure you could buy an Si and leave it stock, but that would sorta be like paying for a prostitute just to talk~
    Hidden Content

I believe the Eibach bar is a solid bar where as the OEM is hollow.

Oh jeez, it's not sounding good for the Eibach bar. It's smaller diameter and not hollow (I can actually confirm it's solid, although I haven't taken off the OE bar yet). Why do they even put this as an upgrade?
    ~Sure you could buy an Si and leave it stock, but that would sorta be like paying for a prostitute just to talk~
    Hidden Content

Okay everyone, take it from me: if your car came with a 20 mm OE rear sway bar, the Eibach 19 mm bar, even on its stiffest setting with uprated Moog end links is hardly what I would call an upgrade. They're both solid bars, and there's little between them in terms of roll resistance. I will be trading soon for the Progress bar. I could see the Eibach bar as an upgrade from a dinky OE bar several mm smaller, but I'll probably wind up taking the 24 mm Progress variant after this experience. Who wants to buy a hardly used Eibach RSB??
    Hidden Content

Nooblets
    If the OEM bar is hollow, wouldn't the eibach one be much stiffer just from the added torsional strength gained from it being solid?

Guess it depends on the year of your car. The 19mm Eibach bar was a definite improvement in my 2012. The OEM bar for 2012 is only 15mm. While it's not a tremendous upgrade, I can definitely feel it, especially on exit ramps, etc going 40-50 mph. If I had the 20mm OEM bar, I never would have swapped it out.
    POP CREW MEMBER #615

Retired:

2012 Civic Si sedan / Dyno Blue
    2014 Civic Si sedan / MSM
    2012 Civic Si sedan / Sunburst Orange
    2007 Civic Si sedan / Silver

Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)