Eibach pro kit question.
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SIllini
  • 1 Post By SIllini
  • 1 Post By BWill9886
  • 1 Post By KDiggityDog76

Thread: Eibach pro kit question.

Greenhorn

Eibach pro kit question.

I recently installed the eibach pro kit, all four springs and both anti-roll bars. It said to leave the front bump stop stock but it said to replace the rear bump stops with the ones included in the kit. I have the part but I never saw any bump stops in the rear so I was wondering if anyone knows where they go?
    Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

They're on the shocks. I didn't bother using them.
    BWill9886 and ch2o like this.

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by SIllini View Post
    They're on the shocks. I didn't bother using them.
    I took the shocks off and still didn't see anything, is it under the plastic sleeve?

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ch2o View Post
    I took the shocks off and still didn't see anything, is it under the plastic sleeve?

Yeah, it's under the sleeve.
    ch2o likes this.

Greenhorn
    good to know, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SIllini View Post
    Yeah, it's under the sleeve.
    Yeah, you can look at the Pro-Kit thread OP if you want to see the modifications that have to be made.

Really though, unless you have a good amount of weight in the rear often, you won't need them thankfully.
    ch2o likes this.
    2013 RR Si Sedan - Modified RSX/8th gen CT-E supercharger and 2.25" IMT aftercooler

I just recently went through this as well, and it took quite a bit more searching than I was expecting to find out that you actually need to drill out the dimple pressed into the metal sleeve that locks the metal sleeve onto the damper rod. Once you've removed it, you can actually pull the metal sleeve off the damper rod, and then remove the plastic sleeve beneath it to gain access to the rear bump stops. I know most posters have said they didn't bother going to that extent and have had no problems running the stock bump stops with their Pro-Kits, but I figured hey, Eibach includes this new one in the kit and wants me to use it. I'm gonna use it!
    capslockASDF likes this.
    ~Sure you could buy an Si and leave it stock, but that would sorta be like paying for a prostitute just to talk~
    Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)