9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Engine Start Button Retrofit Kit !!

42K views 85 replies 34 participants last post by  starsky 
#1 ·
we are proud to announce by next week, we will be recieving a limited # of engine cluster with engine start cut-out for engine start button (can accept
factory ilx engine start or ebay universal engine start button) retrofit !

will fit all 2012 LHD usdm civic, we don't know if it will fit 2013 till we test fit the cluster.

See less See more
#26 ·
What exacrly do we need from thr ilx to make it all work?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

the truth is, ebay kit is the best solution..

ENGINE START BUTTON KIT
PUT YOUR KEY IN THE IGNITION. TURN TO IGNITION 'ON' AND PUSH THAT BUTTON AND START YOUR ENGINE!

THE KIT CONSISTS OF
1x ENGINE START BUTTON.
1x WIRING HARNESS COMPLETE WITH RELAY (YOU ONLY NEED TO CONNECT 3 WIRES)
1x UNIVERSAL FITTING INSTRUCTIONS WITH SPECIFIC WIRE COLOUR INFO RELATED TO THE CAR MAKE MODEL YEAR MENTIONED IN THE TITLE.

#24 ·
Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, but this would still require our keys to start the ignition right? It would go key into ignition > button > then engine start?

Also, this doesn't come with the panel huh? We would need to DIY our own?

#25 ·
i think you misread the thread.... we are not selling the button itself... we are selling only the panel

this panel is a factory honda civic type-s lower tier gauge surround, which comes with a engine start slot.

we import this because many people wants engine start, but they all want factory look.

buttons are cheap, you can find them on ebay for $20 or you can use stock s2000 for $55

and there is several DIY on how to hook up s2000 engine start button to other honda cars. making this mod fairly simple & straight forward.

#31 ·
hey guys i was just wondering, if you still have to take your key out of your pocket and insert your key and turn it in order to push the button, what would be the pro of using push start button?

wouldn't it require more work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.