Buddy club down-pipe dp !! Summer 2014 ! - Page 7
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Buddy club down-pipe dp !! Summer 2014 !

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by Keys24 View Post
    Just made a thread regarding this, but I bought a used BC downpipe and the bolt holes really don't line up with the OEM Catback. When two bolt holes are aligned, the other one does not line up. The only way to make it fit is by putting in one bolt at an angle.
    I meant to add, has anyone had this issue before? Or is my luck as bad as it's always been ):

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I meant to add, has anyone had this issue before? Or is my luck as bad as it's always been ):
    Are you installing this downpipe by yourself? I don't mean to sound condescending, but sometimes it's hard to hold the downpipe in place by yourself while you try to line it up correctly and slide the bolts in from under the car. I've found it helps a lot to have someone else hold it aligned correctly while you slide the bolts in.
    Last edited by MoreRicePlease; 08-15-2016 at 01:12 AM.
    2012 Civic Si Coupe
    CT-E Stage 1+ supercharger (3.6" pulley; 550cc injectors)
    AEM Cold Air Intake
    Full Race 3" catted downpipe
    Full Race 3" catback exhaust w/ torque solution hangers
    Boomba Racing Motor Mounts
    Progress 24mm rear sway bar w/ Moog endlinks
    Eibach 24mm front sway bar
    Megan Racing strut tower bar
    HFP Suspension
    MB Weapon wheels
    Tuned by Vit Viper!

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreRicePlease View Post
    Are you installing this downpipe by yourself? I don't mean to sound condescending, but sometimes it's hard to hold the downpipe in place by yourself while you try to line it up correctly and slide the bolts in from under the car. I've found it helps a lot to have someone else hold it aligned correctly while you slide the bolts in.
    Thanks for the reply, I know what you mean. I installed it with my friend's help. The problem is that it can't be aligned correctly; it's as if the flange for the downpipe doesn't directly match up for the flange on the OEM Catback. It is impossible for all 3 bolt holes to be aligned. When two of the holes are aligned, no bolts put in yet, the other hole cannot be lined up. Maybe I'll try to get a picture up next time I go under it

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Thanks for the reply, I know what you mean. I installed it with my friend's help. The problem is that it can't be aligned correctly; it's as if the flange for the downpipe doesn't directly match up for the flange on the OEM Catback. It is impossible for all 3 bolt holes to be aligned. When two of the holes are aligned, no bolts put in yet, the other hole cannot be lined up. Maybe I'll try to get a picture up next time I go under it

people with OCD are not recommend used products... if you really have OCD, you should know this better than anyone

a used dp or exhaust could've been torched by muffler shop to adjust the angle of the pipe to connect a crooked exhaust...

and about the buddy club dp fitment, i have never heard any fitment issue with buddy club dp, but for used ? i don't know...

Nooblets
    Price?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)