Tpms ideas? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

    Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tpms ideas?

  1. #11
    Greenhorn
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6
    I bought the autel programmable, 3xx MHz. Works well, 1 on snow tire set and 1 for the all season.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Greenhorn J9thGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    26
    I bought a set from tpms24/7. And when I switched my stocks wheels to my new ones. I didn't have to reprogram them. Driving on the over 6 months. I guess it's a clone or I got lucky. I do have a 2015 so if i did need to reprogram I could from the car menu, which I didn't. I had to before on my other sets of wheels with a different aftermarket tpms. Anyone else tried tpms24/7 and had the same results?

  4. #13
    Big Pimping!!! dpetro1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Catonsville, MD
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by J9thGen View Post
    I bought a set from tpms24/7. And when I switched my stocks wheels to my new ones. I didn't have to reprogram them. Driving on the over 6 months. I guess it's a clone or I got lucky. I do have a 2015 so if i did need to reprogram I could from the car menu, which I didn't. I had to before on my other sets of wheels with a different aftermarket tpms. Anyone else tried tpms24/7 and had the same results?
    The 2015 does not have tpms sensors in the wheel. Instead it is an indirect system that reads off the abs. This is why you didnt get any warning lights need to reprogram anything.
    Unfortunately, you paid for sensors you didn't need.


    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dpetro1; 06-06-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    Aviator6 likes this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Greenhorn J9thGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J9thGen View Post
    I bought a set from tpms24/7. And when I switched my stocks wheels to my new ones. I didn't have to reprogram them. Driving on the over 6 months. I guess it's a clone or I got lucky. I do have a 2015 so if i did need to reprogram I could from the car menu, which I didn't. I had to before on my other sets of wheels with a different aftermarket tpms. Anyone else tried tpms24/7 and had the same results?
    The 2015 does not have tpms sensors in the wheel. Instead it is an indirect system that reads off the abs. This is why you didnt get any warning lights need to reprogram anything.
    Unfortunately, you paid for sensors you didn't need.


    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    When I swapped my old aftermarket wheels I did have to recalibrate. How did it know I switched wheels?

  7. #15
    Big Pimping!!! dpetro1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Catonsville, MD
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by J9thGen View Post
    When I swapped my old aftermarket wheels I did have to recalibrate. How did it know I switched wheels?
    Different wheel/tire size maybe?

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  8. #16
    Greenhorn J9thGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    26
    It was 225 40 18, now I have 235 45 17. I guess it picks up faster rotations. I'm used to my 2012. Good to know when I'm buying my next set of wheels. Thanks for the info.
    dpetro1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-17-2018, 08:52 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 03:28 PM
  3. IDEAS, best way to fix small rip in seat (pics)
    By burnrubr88 in forum Interior mods
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 05:59 PM
  4. Fathers Day Gift Ideas!!!! plzz help!
    By Bbonilla856 in forum Sedan
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 08:31 PM
  5. Need some ideas on Mods! :)
    By mazzonna in forum Audio/Video & Navigation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 05:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2