Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

Greenhorn

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

Hello! Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires on their 9th gen Si?

I'd love to try them in 225/45/17!

Daily driving duty plus a few spirited drives a month. Let me know what you think, the price looks great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    In case you don't get enough response here:

https://www.google.com/search?client...00+tire+review
    Last edited by scottyrocks; 09-26-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Got a buddy who runs them on his bolted and tuned 335i and he swears by them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    I have them on the HFP 18s. Not a bad tire for the price, but definitely a street/daily tire. Handles wet and dry roads well.

Greenhorn
    I just put these on my S2000. BIG mistake! They are cheap for a reason, don't expect anything amazing. I would say the Michelin Pilot Spot A/S 3+ (ALL SEASON) can handle more corner than these... Would not recommend unless you are on a tight budget and are alright with only fine performance.

Quote Originally Posted by joelzeller View Post
    I just put these on my S2000. BIG mistake! They are cheap for a reason, don't expect anything amazing. I would say the Michelin Pilot Spot A/S 3+ (ALL SEASON) can handle more corner than these... Would not recommend unless you are on a tight budget and are alright with only fine performance.
    Did you try after heat cycling them? Enough miles to get the mold release off them?

Greenhorn
    Yupp, put about 2000 miles on them so far, still NOT impressed. The BFG Sport Comp 2 tires (7 years old) that i bought it with were better...

Interesting comments, tirerack has them as the number 1 rated tire in the category...
    Never used them myself though

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Greenhorn
    do not know if you have your purchase, I wanted to tell you that I buy 500 indy, 225/40/18.
    I am a person who likes sudden acceleration, it is a policeman who told me that lol. In active traction mode, my two front tires its very worn (from April to October). I consider that the handling is excellent but the chewing gum is too soft.
    Personally I would look at something else .
    Last edited by TCR1; 10-23-2019 at 11:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now