Replace OEM wheel covers or not?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replace OEM wheel covers or not?

Roz
    Greenhorn

Replace OEM wheel covers or not?

I own a 2014 Civic Coupe. The OEM wheel covers are flaking and peeling. I would love to get new wheels, but I'm on a budget. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    If you like/don't mind the wheel covers, you can paint them with either paint or plastidip. I've done both.

Or you can replace the full covers with Element/Pilot center (hub) caps, and paint the wheels a shiny black (or other color), as opposed to that horrible stuff Honda paints them with that fades in a short period of time. I just did my wheels with black lacquer, and they look pretty sharp, for steel wheels, that is.

As far as aftermarket alloys, you will probably get as many suggestions as there are wheels. Just be aware, though, that you will get what you pay for, quality-wise. Not all alloys are made the same - cast vs forged, for example.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    You didn't mention here your budget, anyways, I saw many unique and good wheels in a low price on Reecoupons.com, I also mostly bought my all stuff from there thats why I know about it. check there I hope you will definitely found in a low budget.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I got a civic ex 2015 and im looking to get wheels and tires. Currently have wheels and wheel covers. I want some 16 ' oem acura honda wheels. What do you suggest?

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    You have an EX with steel wheels and covers? Someone prior to you downgraded, which is not usual, or you have an LX. Or maybe you changed them for some reason?

Does your car have a touch screen and a sunroof?

Anyway, there is a thread here dedicated to other Honda/Acura wheels on our cars, with lots of pictures, and is worth a look:

https://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/wh...ly-please.html
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)