2014 Civic Si Sedan - Track Rims / Tires
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2014 Civic Si Sedan - Track Rims / Tires

Greenhorn

2014 Civic Si Sedan - Track Rims / Tires

Hi I’m looking for a dedicated Drag setup. I’m thinking 17” ? Heard good things about Hoosier or Nitto. 225/45/17 ? Looking for a 1/4 mile ( change at track proper setup )

What do you all suggest ?

Also what about slicks ?

FBO’s 220whp.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I'm from Indiana, so I vote Hoosier.

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thgensifamily View Post
    I'm from Indiana, so I vote Hoosier.
    Daddy?
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HondaPowr View Post
    Hi I’m looking for a dedicated Drag setup. I’m thinking 17” ? Heard good things about Hoosier or Nitto. 225/45/17 ? Looking for a 1/4 mile ( change at track proper setup )

What do you all suggest ?

Also what about slicks ?

FBO’s 220whp.

Thanks
    If it's a dedicated track setup just get slicks. No point in a dot radial that never sees the street. Slicks are really the only way to get traction on a fwd at the strip anyways. 23" slick maybe?
    Also you should downsize the rim to get the biggest sidewall possible. 15" if they will clear the brakes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It’s highly doubtful that you’ll fit anything smaller than a 16 inch wheel over the stock front brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been a few users running the 15" Rota slipstream successfully. Including Harry sparks, fastest 9th gen out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    There have been a few users running the 15" Rota slipstream successfully. Including Harry sparks, fastest 9th gen out there.

The first picture you posted is not using the OEM front brakes. He clearly has an aftermarket Wilwood setup.
    I can't tell if the setup Harry runs is completely stock; the calipers look smaller than stock - maybe he switched to the smaller front brakes from an EX to save weight and fit the smaller wheel? I can't say for sure.
    Last edited by homegrown; 06-14-2019 at 01:15 PM.

True on the first pic. Are the wilwood calipers smaller? I'm not sure. Second one looks like an oem caliper though.

As you say most 15" won't fit. A 16" would but there are limited slick sizes in 16"

Last edited by dpetro1; 06-14-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Greenhorn
    Ok thanks guys. I am not willing to change my brakes though. Wilwood or go smaller OEM. I would like to keep my stock Si Rotor / calipers. This is NOT a all out track car. It’s 80% street occasional track visits. So probably looking at 17” drag radials then ?

Have you by chance looked into UHP tires? I've got a set on my car, and they hook well and I've been unable to find the limit in a corner.

Someone may correct me, but I would think at your power level these would do well on a drag strip. You could drive to work (summer only), and corner like a BOSS.
    My thinking is no car at a stop light is going to wait for me to change my tires.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)