9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Which wheel/tire combo do you like better?

12K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  K24_SC 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm on the fence about some wheel and tire options and thought some opinions would help me decide. I am stuck between two different wheels and two different tires. If you've any experience or opinions with either products please leave your impressions. : ) All prices are in CAD

Wheel 1

Enkei Fujin
17x 7.5
+40
17.5lbs
Matte Black
$193.99 per whee
l View attachment 5364 Attachment not working here is link to pic : http://www.1010tires.com/images/wheels/super/Enkei-FUJIN-black_lg_super.jpg

Wheel 2
TSW Interlgos
17x 7.5
+45
16.85lbs
Matte Black
$229.99 per wheel
View attachment 5365 Attachment not working link to pic http://www.1010tires.com/images/wheels/super/tsw-interlagos-matteblack_lg_super.jpg

Now for the tires...I am not looking for a hardcore tire, just a all round decent summer tire with good tread life and a reasonable price. Both are going to stay 215/45/17 that way they can fit on my stock rims in factory spec. All prices again are in CAD

Tire 1

Falken FK-452
Treadwear 300
Speed Rating Z
Load Index 87
$124.99 each
View attachment 5366

Tire 2

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo
Treadwear 280
Speed Rating W
Load Index 91
$139.99
View attachment 5367

I'm kind of leaning towards the TSW and the Falkens.

The TSW are lighter and the spokes extend to the edge that make it look larger only thing is they are a few bucks more which is no biggie really

The Falkens are cheaper and have a higher rated treadwear. I heard from the tire shop that they burn pretty quick though and for a few bucks more the Ventus are the better buy.

Help!! LOL

See less See more
#2 ·
I think just about the same as you on the wheels . Both are nice but I like the tsw , slightly cleaner design . $160 price difference. I went with sparco . Center is slightly different . Kind of pentagram around lugs. As for the tires I wonder why they would say that about the ventus as they are rated At280 which is 20 less...Seems like a soft tire. Sticky but not too long lasting ,either one.

#3 ·
Thanks for your input man, I guess no one else here has an opinion LOL almost 70 views and only one reply haha!

BTW I really like your wheels, any regrets going with 17's? I ask only because I think 18's look great and not sure if the 17's look to small once mounted and seen in person and I don't want to spend extra for more weight on both the rim and tire lol. What size tires are you running? I think I'm going to get the Ventus, ya they are little less treadwear on paper, but I won't drive the snot out of them everyday and a little extra stickiness never hurt anyone:thumb:

Another wheel like is the enkei PF01....choices, choices...The only thing holding be back on the TSW's is I am having a hard time picturing them on the car..

Can anyone help me with a photoshop please? View attachment 5376 View attachment 5377 Any hep would be appreciated :)

#11 ·
Thanks for your input man, I guess no one else here has an opinion LOL almost 70 views and only one reply haha!

BTW I really like your wheels, any regrets going with 17's? I ask only because I think 18's look great and not sure if the 17's look to small once mounted and seen in person and I don't want to spend extra for more weight on both the rim and tire lol. What size tires are you running? I think I'm going to get the Ventus, ya they are little less treadwear on paper, but I won't drive the snot out of them everyday and a little extra stickiness never hurt anyone:thumb:

Another wheel like is the enkei PF01....choices, choices...The only thing holding be back on the TSW's is I am having a hard time picturing them on the car..

Can anyone help me with a photoshop please? View attachment 5376 View attachment 5377 Any hep would be appreciated :)
I really like my wheel tire combo. i know it might not be for everybody but i did it for a few reasons. i really liked the wheels and i save weight due to not going to 18" wheels,small as it may be but i used my original tires 215/45-17 so i saved another $600. i think it will look fine when i get my drop and my speedo is correct. i would have liked summer tires but i live in a very wet place. im sure you will like the hankooks

Reactions: K24_SC
#6 ·
Why did you like the Falkens Winn? I'm guessing your pleased with your Falkens AD- which ones are you running and how do you find the treadwear so far? The Falkens were my 1st choice but the tire shop said they burn quickly??? Maybe just trying to sell me something else though..

#9 ·
Mixed tires??? I thought that was a big no no, no? hehe Man, you guys in the US get everything cheaper!

I was debating between these two wheels a little while back. Both are nice, but like you said the TSW extends to the edge which makes them look a little bigger so I would go with those
Cool, did you end up buying a set?

#8 ·
I was debating between these two wheels a little while back. Both are nice, but like you said the TSW extends to the edge which makes them look a little bigger so I would go with those

#10 ·
Not currently running them but I had 225/45-17 FK452's on my WRX, I liked them a lot. I'll most likely get some for my Si when my current shitty stock tires are used at least a little bit more..only 2k miles on them.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#12 · (Edited)
View attachment 5389 i used the app vrimz on my phone it didnt turn out so good,their pic isnt the best plus i think i made the rims too big ill try again from work in a little bit

#13 ·
rains a fair bit where I am too, but its usually pretty decent from Mid May to Mid Sept. I didn't know it rains in CA! lol thanks for the pic, I checked out the site but they wanted me to sign up, cant be bothered. I did see an rx-8 there with the interlagos didnt look too bad..

If I could justify dropping a couple G's I would've gone for the OZ Alleggerita, love that wheel.

#15 ·
oh yeah it rains here where i live. im in the pacific northwest up by oregon. 20 miles from the Oregon border. Its actually right at the northern end of the redwood forest. i liked the OZ Allegeritas also but im ok with the sparcos at 17.8 lbs and the price was much easier on the wallet. I was trying to sell the stock wheels to offset the next mod but it looks like i may keep them and just pay for the exhaust with the refund from DMV ($450)

#16 ·
So here's my 1st attempt at photoshop ever...I grabbed the image of the rims from a pic of a nice corvette and I lowered the car a bit. What do ya'll think?? Of the wheels, not my rookie PS job lol...

View attachment 5437

#17 ·
i like the enkeis with falken. just my personal flavor.
as for 17 being too small, heck... im about to put 16's on! save weight, money, and makes it easier to run more aggressive offsets with poke/stretch!

#18 ·
Now that i've seen what the tsw's look like I'm not overly hype on them, they look okay...that's it. I'm thinking I may be off with the color I want too. I've always wanted gold wheels, here's a hack job of some 17' konig feathers.

I'm ordering the tires up tomorrow regardless of any rim decision. Going give the Falkens a try.

View attachment 5440

#19 ·
i like those wheels but idk about the color. i kind of like gunmetal grey on grey cars. just my preference but its all about what you can live with. i didnt really like black wheels until i got mine. i was going to get hyper silver but everyone i work with was saying oh hell no.... so i thought id get the black and when the tires get low if i dont like them put them up for sale and start over. got em mounted and love the black 10 spokes.

#20 ·
Of the 2 wheels I think I prefer the TSW's. As for Falkens, I had them on my old car but I did find that they were used up in only a little over half the time of some of the other brands I had used previously. I did really like them while they lasted though, lol. Maybe it's just my driving?

#22 · (Edited)
MisseE: I think I'm going to lose my mind choosing a wheel at this point LOL The more I've looked at the TSW's and with the PS done by JoeDavola I'm pretty sure I'm convinced. I've read mixed reviews on tread life, I'm guessing you did have a lead foot :)

I saw a sign once and I always think about it when I can't make up my mind..it goes: "I used to be indecisive,but now I'm not so sure" lol

#23 · (Edited)
JoeDavola-(great username lol) Wow, thanks man! you got mad PS skills:hail: I know those are bigger than 17's but I think I may have just got back on the TSW wagon

Could I ask a favor? Could you give it sport spring 1.5' drop?

#24 ·
That was a quick and dirty PS, let me try and lower it.

Here is a quick and dirty PS lowering job, some of the lines don't match and it's hard to do with the reflections, plus the back tire looks too small, but I hope this gives you some idea of what it would look like.
It's fairly easy to do in PS, just copy and paste the bottom part of the car lower, use a mask to blend it in. For making selection on curved parts, the pen tool is the only way to go, it's a pain to learn the pen tool, but once you get the hang of it's great.

P.S. I'm still afraid of clowns.............my real name is scott btw.

#28 · (Edited)
#29 ·
So I bit the bullet and bought the TSW Interlagos in Matte Black 17x7.5 with a 45 offset today:spinning:There going to be wrapped in the Falken FK452's 215/45/17...I'm stoked! Didn't buy rims for my last Si, but I figured why not, work hard play hard right?? They both had to be ordered and should hopefully be on by next Friday if all goes well.

Wanted to say thanks to everyone for their input and PS pics! THANKS!!

#33 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.