Tpms (general info) - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Tpms (general info)

Quote Originally Posted by 02SilverSiHB View Post
    I definitely will try it out...and I'll tell you right now, my idea about leaving the Civic may be a dumb idea. I was just looking at the gas prices continue to soar...perhaps I'll stick with the civic afterall, lol. I'll give the 2012 a try, but I have a feeling the FA5 my still be my favorite. Don't worry, I won't ever bash the 2012's...I still like them a tad, just have a few issues with some of the decisions honda made for them.
    How's gas in japan right now? I know Europe is suffering pretty bad, and us of course.
    Waiting for a '13 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Sunburst Orange Pearl (or Dyno Blue Pearl?)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

...oorrrr, the new Acura ILX???... Pass, Civic it is.

Hidden Content "Pain is the weakness that is leaving your body." - Author Unknown

"Wherever you go, there you are." - Author Unknown

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dashline79 View Post
    How's gas in japan right now? I know Europe is suffering pretty bad, and us of course.
    I see $3.70 a gallon..but that's on base. I never get it off base. They go by the liter, so I'm sure it's even worse

Hmm I guess that's sorta hard to gauge, but gas is 4.50 over here now, Costco gas is only 3-something but the lines are ridiculous day and night lol
    Waiting for a '13 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Sunburst Orange Pearl (or Dyno Blue Pearl?)

Hidden Content "Pain is the weakness that is leaving your body." - Author Unknown

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Low Tire Pressure warning

My low tire pressure warning came on. All 4 tires measure 30psi (2 gauges, same reading)

1) Is this the normal level to trip the TPMS indicator?

2) Any easy way to see which sensor is indicating a problem other then adding a few pounds to each tire one at a time?
    Thanks
    Digger likes this.

interesting...I would like to know too.
    ***08/08/11 - I got my 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.Hidden Content ***

*2nd 9thGenCivic.Com Member with a 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.* 1st is 67cougar.

- 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan (Current)
    - 2003 Satin Silver Metallic Honda Civic Si Hatchback (Sold)
    - 1994 Pard Blue Green Pearl Acura Integra GSR Coupe (Stolen/Totaled)
    - 1992 Super White Toyota Corolla DX Sedan (Totaled)

I was told by my dealer the tpms system will go off with a 20% decrease in pressure. I had mine go off this weekend when the weather changed drastically. aired it up. the system took a bit to shut off so after airing it up i drove it a bit and it shut off.

I hate the TPMS. My Nissan Titan had an annoying problem with the light coming on constantly. Now my wife's Rogue is doing it too. Nothing seems to help. I hate the fact that my new Civic has the system. I wish they would just do away with it. I ended up putting electrical tape over the little light with the Titan, hope I don't have to do the same with the Civic!!!!! NOTE TO CAR MAKERS...GET RID OF IT
    Digger and scottyrocks like this.

^ FMVSS 138... I think. It's not going away, it's now a mandatory law (in the US) that requires every car made in and after 2008 will have to have TPMS installed. It is a hassle, it makes changing tires a bit more of a hassle at times.

TSX displays the actual pressure for each tire so it doesn't suck as much. I brought all of the tires up to 32 from the original 30 and after about 30 miles the light cleared and has stayed off. I have a feeling this will be a problem in the winter.
    Digger likes this.

Don't let your tires get low and it won't be an issue, I check mine once a month

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)