Tpms (general info) - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Tpms (general info)

9thgen's Official E-thug CivicMx's Avatar
    Im guessing putting tape over the light or removing the bulb from behind the dash wont help... as your trusty I-mid will be there with its warning Notificationnn to remind you your tire pressure is not what its suppose to be... so unless you put tape over the imid screen......... yea

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

New Wheels? Wat about tpms Sensors?! Discount tires direct/Collegehills Honda.. Help!

Ok..so everyone wants new wheels... great. but what about the sensor issue...is everyone just transferring the sensors from there stock wheels over to the new ones? I have a few questions. Please any insight will be helpfull if you have any info on this..

Does the sensors from 08-11 civics work with the new 2012 civic?
    Or the sensors from the 08-11 accords?
    If I purchase an extra set of sensors for the 2012... will i be able to install them on a 8th gen 18 inch HFP wheel that did not originally have sensors??..
    (I have seen the collegehills honda video installing the sensors on an hfp wheel.. but those were the 08-11 sensors..) will it be the same with the 2012 sensors???

People say ill deal with the light on in the dash... but remember guys not only will it be the light on the dash its also going to have the stupid notification warning popping up on the I-MID screen!!!

Am i the only one freakin out over this??

UOTE=accord_tsx;23364]My low tire pressure warning came on. All 4 tires measure 30psi (2 gauges, same reading)

1) Is this the normal level to trip the TPMS indicator?

2) Any easy way to see which sensor is indicating a problem other then adding a few pounds to each tire one at a time?
    Thanks[/QUOTE]

Is it your "TPMS" light or the low pressure icon?
    TPMS indicates a communication error between your car and the sensors and can be triggered by things like hydro towers, cell phone chargers and even tinted windows.

Low pressure warnings can register at as little as 6% below normal, in the case of 32psi, 6% would be 30psi, as far as I understand, this is the case.
    2012 Civic Lx DBP

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by end_user View Post
    UOTE=accord_tsx;23364]My low tire pressure warning came on. All 4 tires measure 30psi (2 gauges, same reading)

1) Is this the normal level to trip the TPMS indicator?

2) Any easy way to see which sensor is indicating a problem other then adding a few pounds to each tire one at a time?
    Thanks
    Is it your "TPMS" light or the low pressure icon?
    TPMS indicates a communication error between your car and the sensors and can be triggered by things like hydro towers, cell phone chargers and even tinted windows.

Low pressure warnings can register at as little as 6% below normal, in the case of 32psi, 6% would be 30psi, as far as I understand, this is the case.[/QUOTE]

End User You seem to be a little familiar with the whole tpms scene..you think you can help me out with this post

https://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/whe...onda-help.html

Quote Originally Posted by CivicMx View Post
    Ok..so everyone wants new wheels... great. but what about the sensor issue...is everyone just transferring the sensors from there stock wheels over to the new ones? I have a few questions. Please any insight will be helpfull if you have any info on this..

Does the sensors from 08-11 civics work with the new 2012 civic?
    Or the sensors from the 08-11 accords?
    If I purchase an extra set of sensors for the 2012... will i be able to install them on a 8th gen 18 inch HFP wheel that did not originally have sensors??..
    (I have seen the collegehills honda video installing the sensors on an hfp wheel.. but those were the 08-11 sensors..) will it be the same with the 2012 sensors???

People say ill deal with the light on in the dash... but remember guys not only will it be the light on the dash its also going to have the stupid notification warning popping up on the I-MID screen!!!

Am i the only one freakin out over this??

im in the same boat man..really wanna know some more info on this
    Twitter: @FrankBertelle
    Instagram: @FrankBertelle

'12 CBP LX Coupe.

FG3 Squad #14
    R18 Crew Member #1631
    9th Gen Northeast Crew #14
    9th Gen NYC Crew #14
    9th Civic Long Island Crew #2

Honestly, I'm not sure about swapping different gen models and sensors. In Canada, tpms does not exist on Civics. At first, I wish we did but now, I'm glad we don't. Makes sense why we have bluetooth standard on lx though. Didn't have to pay for tpms I really wish I could have been more helpful, sorry.
    2012 Civic Lx DBP

yeah... thanks though... I see everyone on here talking about wheels and how widee the wheel can be ...what tires can i use... but no one has yet to adress the basic issue of tpms... or if they have they have not shared it!

From what I have read. If you buy new sensors they will have to be "programmed" to your cars computer. They operate the same way as your key does. The chip inside has been matched to your cars computer. If at all possible you should try and reuse your current TPS.

As far as them fitting. I cant say for sure. I guess it just depends on the rims your using them on. I'll be able to use the TPS from the 2012 si rims with Mugen GP's. Safest bet would be to contact Honda directly. Tell them the rims you have and (stock?) and the rims your getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephbane View Post
    From what I have read. If you buy new sensors they will have to be "programmed" to your cars computer. They operate the same way as your key does. The chip inside has been matched to your cars computer. If at all possible you should try and reuse your current TPS.

As far as them fitting. I cant say for sure. I guess it just depends on the rims your using them on. I'll be able to use the TPS from the 2012 si rims with Mugen GP's. Safest bet would be to contact Honda directly. Tell them the rims you have and (stock?) and the rims your getting.

very good info man.. I have read on tirerack that new sensors need to be programmed.. but i would like someone to confirm this if it is a fact... i have also "heard" even if you swap out your sensors from current wheels to new ones... you still have to reprogram the tpms computer to recognize the new tire pressure.... again i would like if someone could confirm this...

The rims I will be using are pictured above... they are Honda Stock Factory performance rims... those rims are from 07 and therefore do not have factory tpms on them...

so my question still remains will the 2012 tpms computer recognize sensors from 2008-2011 civics or accords?

If not... If i purchase new 2012 tpms sensors will i be able to install them on this 8th gen hfp wheel...meaning will they fit?

if your dealership skipped the correct steps when prepping the car the TPMS light will come on after ~20 miles indicating the TPMS sensors were never turned on

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)