12-15 Stock SI Wheel & Tire/PSI thread. - Page 7
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

    Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 12-15 Stock SI Wheel & Tire/PSI thread.

  1. #61
    Platinum Member fear24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    1,494
    ah, so good for you and the system was working as it should. what year do you have? because i think my door jamb says mine should be at 32 psi. i have an EX model.

    i run them at 35-36 however.
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

    POP Crew #61

    2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

    Hidden Content

  2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Big Pimping!!! Lunch_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    864

    12-15 Stock SI Wheel & Tire/PSI thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by fear24 View Post
    ah, so good for you and the system was working as it should. what year do you have? because i think my door jamb says mine should be at 32 psi. i have an EX model.

    i run them at 35-36 however.
    I have a 2013. I currently have them set at 32 PSI. I think you'll be fine as long as you're with in +/- 5 PSI of the recommended pressure. Use to set mine at 28 PSI during the summer and never had the light come on.


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2013 PMM Si Sedan

  4. #63
    I Need A Vacation kev604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunch_Money View Post
    Update.

    Stopped by the gas station before going to the dealership to double check the tire pressures. Everything was fine except my rear passenger tire was sitting at 15 PSI. I don't know how it got that low. Filled it to 30 PSI and by the time I got to the dealership, the TPMS light went away.

    Had them look at the car anyway and they said everything checked out ok.


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Might be a good idea to look for a nail or some other possible slow leak.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

    K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

    Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

  5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  6. #64
    Big Pimping!!! Lunch_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by kev604 View Post
    Might be a good idea to look for a nail or some other possible slow leak.
    We did. Found no nails and dunked the entire wheel in water.


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    scottyrocks likes this.
    2013 PMM Si Sedan

  7. #65
    Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Isle of Langerhan, NY
    Posts
    27,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunch_Money View Post
    We did. Found no nails and dunked the entire wheel in water.
    It was this guy:

    Lunch_Money and NSWDoc like this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

  8. #66
    I Need A Vacation kev604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunch_Money View Post
    We did. Found no nails and dunked the entire wheel in water.


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Guess you got it covered not much more you can do.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

    K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

    Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

  9. #67
    Greenhorn Zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    21
    I just had Yoshihara DY-12C mounted and balanced yesterday on my 2014 SI. The wheels are 18x8 40 off set weighing 20 lbs on the scale . I weighed the stock 2014 SI wheels on my scale and came up 28.2 lbs !! Needless to say I notice my SI a lot more agile . **Yoshihara website shows these wheels weigh 18.1 lbs---not true
    ericc191 likes this.

  10. #68
    Blues Clues jliu1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,002
    does anyone know if we should run a different psi than the door jamb label if we're not using all seasons? My stock psi is 32 but if I upgrade to max performance summer tires should I stick to 32 or go more towards 40. Just wondering because the summer tires have a much higher max psi around 50.
    - Joe
    R18Crew Member#67
    FB2 Squad#8

  11. #69
    Platinum Member Erkon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    3,847
    I would run 35 in them. that's what I run my stock ones at. 40 psi is to high.

  12. #70
    Big Pimping!!! neteng101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    980
    I prefer a staggered setup - 34-35 front, 33 rear. On my summer set with non stock wheels I'm leaning higher. The HFP wheels suggest 36/36 so that's a better benchmark for aftermarket wheels. My car is almost never loaded so there's usually very little weight on the rear, no point in raising the pressures too high in the rear, the fronts always have the engine and driver weights pushing down on them. At some point all you're doing is reducing your contact patch especially if you take the rears too high.

    I think Honda dumbed down on suggestions for tire pressures when they came out with TPMS because you'd need to reprogram the system each time a tire rotation happened, thus why they went with the simpler matched front/rear numbers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. 12-15 non SI Stock Tire/Wheel/PSI thread
    By nodulw in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 07:22 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2