12-15 Stock SI Wheel & Tire/PSI thread.
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 12-15 Stock SI Wheel & Tire/PSI thread.

Pit of mens fears and the summit of his imagination

12-15 Stock SI Wheel & Tire/PSI thread.

Post all questions regarding stock SI wheel and stock tire questions.
    2012 SI CBP,HPS intake tube,K&N drop in filter,Weathertech Digital fit mats,Yo speed sill protection,JDM Carbon Fiber cooling plate,JDM Carbon fiber engine cover,Continental Extreme Contact tires.RV6 Catted downpipe,Q300 catback,Flash Pro etuned by VitViper.
    9th gen pop crew#164

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Anybody running there stock 2013 si wheels as winter wheels? I was thinking about buying an aftermarket set of wheels for summer and using my tires on the si wheels for those and then buying a set of winters for the stock wheels, just wondering how well the stock wheels will hold up to the salt and stuff. The car will be gettin rust checked and the wheels will most likley get some overspray on them which should offer a little bit of protection but they are gonna get pretty salt covered over the winter. I didn't drive the car this winter but it seems kinda pointless to store a car that has heated seats and mirrors only to drive a beat up ol sunfire that breaks down and I can't fix it in the garage because my civic is in there all covered up..lol

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    If it was me (and it isn't), I'd go with a cheap set of steelies for the winter on salt covered roads. Why trash those nice Si wheels if you don't have to.

Steelies can always be sanded and repainted.
    Rainz, Erkon and RitcheyRch like this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    I thought about it but then that adds another 420 bucks to my order on top of tires and I just thought if I could get away with using the stockers I could get some aftermarket wheels for summer,and there is no way I can get both at that kind of price. Summer wheels alone where just shy of 1000 bucks and thats with wheels that where 150 dollars at tire rack but by the time I get canada's sales tax and all the shipping....well yea it adds up quickly. heck the cheapest steelie I could find was 90 bucks a piece then add 15% tax on that and I'm 103 bucks per wheel for steelies....crazy. We don't have any options for local wheels other than a shop about 45 mins away but because they are the only ones around they gouge people pretty bad some times. I don't want to run the si wheels but I figured if I could protect them somehow they would be alright.

I can get steelies for about $50 a wheel, used, though. It takes a little work, but they're out there.
    'Three pedals or bust!'

Heck, I just thought of something.

You could pdip your stock Si wheels, and peel them when the winter ends. Or just leave them dipped, if they're just gonna be your winter wheels.

Plastidip is a rubber coating that will protect your wheels.
    Rainz, Erkon and Red13Si like this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'

Nooblets
    I thought about dipping them, then I thought about dipping them white to match the car and lowering it and not bothering with aftermarket wheels but some of them look so good it's hard to resist....I have some time to figure it out before next winter. I'll probably just suck it up and buy some steelies and run the stockers for a few more summers lol I'm more interested in a flash pro than rims but was kinda hoping to have it all...I think my wants are bigger than my bank account lol Thanks for the insight tho.
    scottyrocks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by valleyguy View Post
    Anybody running there stock 2013 si wheels as winter wheels? I was thinking about buying an aftermarket set of wheels for summer and using my tires on the si wheels for those and then buying a set of winters for the stock wheels, just wondering how well the stock wheels will hold up to the salt and stuff. The car will be gettin rust checked and the wheels will most likley get some overspray on them which should offer a little bit of protection but they are gonna get pretty salt covered over the winter. I didn't drive the car this winter but it seems kinda pointless to store a car that has heated seats and mirrors only to drive a beat up ol sunfire that breaks down and I can't fix it in the garage because my civic is in there all covered up..lol
    I plan to run my stock rims as winter only rims. The winters here are mild and roads are not crazy salted though and I have access to underground car wash so I can spray the car/rims regularly during winter time.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

I just hit 18,000 miles, and was told my tread is bout 3mm on the back and 4mm on the front now. Basically I need new tires. Do you guys recommend going with the same size as the stock michelin tires? I was looking at getting Yokohama S-Drives.

I really want to get 17x9 RPF1 +35, but I can't afford those yet. :/
    Didn't know if I could get 235 40 17s, and fit those on the stock si wheels?
    Taffeta White '13 Civic Si Sedan
    Hondata FlashPro | BC Racing Type BR Coilovers
    Full Race 3" Exhaust | PRL Stage 2 w/ GTX 3076R | K-tuned Fuel Rail
    Hasport 62a Rear Mount 70a Front | ID1000cc | Hondata 4bar

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    I just hit 18,000 miles, and was told my tread is bout 3mm on the back and 4mm on the front now. Basically I need new tires. Do you guys recommend going with the same size as the stock michelin tires? I was looking at getting Yokohama S-Drives.

I really want to get 17x9 RPF1 +35, but I can't afford those yet. :/
    Didn't know if I could get 235 40 17s, and fit those on the stock si wheels?
    235 is too wide for stock rims, I've seen guys up it to 225 45 17 on stocks and those fit fine. Remember the stock rims are 17X7.
    RitcheyRch likes this.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)