Billet Aluminum Yospeed door sills for my Honda Civic? You betcha!
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Billet Aluminum Yospeed door sills for my Honda Civic? You betcha!

Billet Aluminum Yospeed door sills for my Honda Civic? You betcha!

That's right! We've got billet aluminum door sill garnish for your 2012 Honda Civic. Same magnificent build quality as the 8th gen door sills, but with the sleek new 9th coupe and sedan silhouettes! Got a question? I'm happy to answer them!

Coupes available here:
    Door Sill Garnish - 2012-2017 Honda Civic - Yospeed

Sedans available here: Door Sill Garnish - 2012-2017 Honda Civic - Yospeed

Fast Facts here:

• Machined from 6061-T651 billet aluminum. (That means they're light weight, strong, and all around awesome.)
    • Powder Coated Textured Black Finish. These babies'll withstand the nastiest grime mother nature can throw at them!
    • Available with several stock designs
    • You can also make your own design. We can engrave your username, Einstein's relativity theorem, whatever you want! It's all good!
    • Available for coupes or sedans

Images here:

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Made some sills over the weekend!

Sedan door sills are back in stock now, sorry for the long wait!

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

What about some that light up?

🚙
    Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee Hidden Content
    FB2 squad #17

I think it would be cool to see Alien and Skrub in a tub..... Issues I may have!!!!

I've looked into the possibility of doing it in the past, but it would more than double the cost to manufacture my sills that way. It's more practical to make plastic light up sills, but I don't have any experience with plastic injection molds or plastics in general.

Hmmm I see
    Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee Hidden Content
    FB2 squad #17

I think it would be cool to see Alien and Skrub in a tub..... Issues I may have!!!!

what about instead of engraving the design in, completely cut the design out and run a light threw the bottom?
    Si HFP Club Member # 4

Quote Originally Posted by KaJeR View Post
    what about instead of engraving the design in, completely cut the design out and run a light threw the bottom?
    My technical knowledge only extends to machining, so I wouldn't know where to begin with lighting. I did do a machined through sill set for an 8thcivic member who was an electrician. He ended up making the lighting fixture on his own. I suppose if someone else here knew how to make the wiring harness, I could machine hollow sets for the harness to be inserted into!

Hmm....A couple of those flexible LED strips from VLEDs would probably fit into a narrow space. But a hollow sill would create two issues: How to attach to the sheetmetal of the car, and if they are machined through, how to keep dirt and grit from falling into the gap. Perhaps a piece of clear or even frosted lexan attached under the cutout would do the trick? I think this needs further exploration. There would be very little wiring to do if the strips were used. You could even sell them pre-assembled, Yo. Just leave a long pigtail for the LEDs. All the customer would have to do is tap into the wiring for the interior lights.

Sounds like an interesting concept, but I'll need to do some more research before I can commit to anything. I like the idea, though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)