9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a 9th gen Civic coupe for a new daily and wanted to check in with y'all to get opinions on the two motors. I had a 10th gen previously with the 1.5t and a Ktuner and loved it. Sold that and got something that gets about 8mpg. Now looking for another Civic for a daily. What y'all think?

Thanks

· I Need A Vacation
14,784 Posts
9thgen Civics have either a 1.8L on DX LX or EX models and a 2.4L on Si models no 2.0L models. If you had a 1.5T with kTuner that will be a pretty peppy car comparable to a tuned Si but different power band delivery turbo vs NA. In turn 1.8L models will feel slow but R18 has pretty good MPG.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah. A quick Google search lead me astray then. I thought it had two different options. The 1.5 with the tuner was definitely peppy but now I've got a supercharged V8 for that. Just looking for a solid daily that gets crazy gas mileage cause 8mpg ain't cutting it.

· Truck? What truck?!
28,192 Posts
If you're looking for the best gas mileage in a 9th gen Civic, go with an AT ('12, '13) or CVT ('14, '15). The MT does not do as well in that regard.

A MT is way more fun, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts