9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So received my last Cal from Vit today and I must say after the entire process I am absolutely satisfied and would recommend his services. Well worth the money. I did not expect much communication as far as what was absolutely needed but the few times I did email Vit I always got a timely reply (within 24 hours). I am in NY so the time difference created a slight issue for me as far as being able to do multiple logs in a night but every 90% of the time I got a cal back the same night I sent a data log in (I did pay for priority).
As far as the overall difference in the car it's night and day from the day I drove off the lot. Absolutely amazing. Power is smooth and consistent. I will definitely be doing a re-tune once some more mods are ready to install next year or following.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Agree 100%.

I was cautiously optimistic when I ordered the "Ultimate Tune"
Lots of research on this forum and google. There were so many
positive reviews of Vit, plus reading his Blog I could tell he is a Pro.

Very satisfied so far in the 1st week of tuning.

Reactions: cakes83

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
How long was the whole process with priority?

How long without priority?
All depends on how many tunes he has to do, how fast you provide datalogs, if he has any time consuming work at his shop etc the list can go on. I've read some took a few months without priority and some still took about a month even with priority. I just started tuning with him and don't mind it as long as the end result is great which is one thing everyone here agrees on.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've read some took a few months without priority and some still took about a month even with priority.
I just started tuning with him and don't mind it as long as the end result is great which is one thing everyone here agrees on.
I agree, I did a lot of research on this forum before
I dropped $300 on an Ultimate Tune.

Very happy 1 week in with Vit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Getting ready to work with Vit here shortly. Curious to see how much of a difference the tune will make on a bone stock car. Since the car is my daily and I live in CA...I'm just looking to clean up the tune and get a little better response out of the car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Curious to see how much of a difference the tune will make on a bone stock car.
I'm just looking to clean up the tune and get a little better response out of the car.
My Si is bone stock.
You will be amazed at how smooth and responsive it will be.

I'm 3 weeks into my tune, looks like for me it will be a 6 to 8 week process.
I didn't do Priority. But it's well worth it for the drivability and rev-hang gone.

Increased power is the frosting on the cake............

Reactions: boostd4

·
Registered
399 Posts
Is it better to get all the mods first before starting a tune? I already have them on order.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is it better to get all the mods first before starting a tune? I already have them on order.
technically yes. so you don't have to go through the retuning process over and over.

·
Registered
257 Posts
As long as your getting the FlashPro at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would be buying the hondata + tune from Vit. I just ordered my RV6 and Q300.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Si is bone stock.
You will be amazed at how smooth and responsive it will be.

I'm 3 weeks into my tune, looks like for me it will be a 6 to 8 week process.
I didn't do Priority. But it's well worth it for the drivability and rev-hang gone.

Increased power is the frosting on the cake............
I keep reading about how much smoother the car is post tune...is it a night and day difference? I feel like the car goes through the powerband pretty smoothly as is. I am definitely excited about eliminating the rev hang for sure.

As far as the power goes, I'd be happy to get a little more out of it...just keep in mind I'm used to picking up 200-300whp with my tunes.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I keep reading about how much smoother the car is post tune...
is it a night and day difference? .
Night & Day like you wouldn't believe.

I didn't realize how "bad" the stock tune was until the first map Vit sent me.

Reactions: boostd4

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I keep reading about how much smoother the car is post tune...is it a night and day difference? I feel like the car goes through the powerband pretty smoothly as is. I am definitely excited about eliminating the rev hang for sure.

As far as the power goes, I'd be happy to get a little more out of it...just keep in mind I'm used to picking up 200-300whp with my tunes.
Completely different car from off the lot after tune. Night and day doesn't do it justice. Such smooth power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So without priority, what's the turn around time like on a tune? E.g. Provide the data logs as requested, then wait how long to get a new map? Obviously this is going to vary based on how busy Vit is and whatnot, but w.o. priority is it a day rather than a few hours? A few days? A week to get a response? I genuinely have no idea so I'm curious. I'm hoping to order a FP + Ultimate tune combo from him very very soon.

Also, how long should I expect for an order to be delivered (lower 50 states, east coast)? As in, does Vit usually ship out same day, or does it take a week before the package is even sent? Just curious.

Thanks for the info btw.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How long it takes to tune will also depend on your set up. There would be a pretty big difference in time frame between a stock, bolt on and F/I tune. For me, at the time, I had an intake/exhaust and it took me about 1 month to complete it on Priority (ended on calibration 3.2). If you had a similar set up, and you didn't opt in for priority, then i'm sure you could add a few weeks to that, at least.

I received my Flash pro & initial e-mail from vit within 7 days.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Without Priority you will wait 1 day at best, 2-3 days is normal. One time Vit went to Honda day I actually had to wait two weeks.

If you have the money get the Priority

The last data log I sent Wednesday morning & received my new calibration Monday so...

·
Registered
257 Posts
How long it takes to tune will also depend on your set up. There would be a pretty big difference in time frame between a stock, bolt on and F/I tune. For me, at the time, I had an intake/exhaust and it took me about 1 month to complete it on Priority (ended on calibration 3.2)..
Well my car is bone stock , I started my tune August 1 and as of right now I’m on tune 2.0 and I’m not done yet.

I sent in my data logs within one or two days after I get the new tune , all I can say is get priority

1 - 20 of 23 Posts