9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) The front and rear speakers look like they have the same type plug/harness that connects to the speaker. DO YOU KNOW WHAT AFTERMARKET HARNESS(ES) WILL WORK? - ANYTHING FROM METRA OR SCOSCHE OR EBAY ANYTHING???

2) My wife is away for two weeks, so the car project is on...LED tie ins (already did the front, adding now to under the front seats to light up the rear), add on Sirius, wire the factory head unit (EX sedan) to an EQ, amp, one sub, all new speakers.

So...I am using a custom harness from these guys on ebay...

Add An Amp Amplifier Adapter Interface for Select Honda Factory Radio | eBay

It will eliminate me from having to wire to a 2 channel LOC. It also has a remote wire tie in. I am seeing if the guys who make it can separate the front speaker wires from the into car side so i can hook the amp wires right to it instead of running them through the doors and into the rear deack (wow, I'm smart).

From there it will go the Kenwood KGC-4042a EQ (which I love and have used in several installs). This unit also has a remote wire.

Kenwood - KGC-4042A

Some twisted RCAs take me to the under the passenger seat amp - a JL XD700/5 to run the whole thing...

JL Audio XD700 5 700W RMS 5 Channel XD Series with Warranty 699440982641 | eBay

Of course the amp has the need for the remote wire tie in. Again, trying to run the speaker wires back to the into the car side of the harness (without cutting - want to have it made for me that way)

2..again) NOW MY QUESTION...Since the harness has a remote wire (out) option, and the EQ has a remote wire (out) in its wires, which one - or both tied together(?) - need to go to the amp???

1) speaker harnesses 2) remote wire...please help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
From the looks of that eBay add an amp you will lose front/rear tuning, or is that to only add a non fade output for a sub?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lose front rear/tuning?How so? That harness is just a combo of both the 'from the radio' and 'to the car' harnesses already together, plus a LOC attached, thus the RCAs. That RCA is going into my Kenwood EQ which has outputs for both front and rear speakers and an adjustment for front and rear tuning (fade). The EQ also has a third output for a sub, and there is the fifth channel input on the amp for that.

I asked about speaker harnesses and a remote wire...do you have input on that? if not, I don't really need all the non-thread related back and forth, as I see of ton of that on this forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was asking you a question about your part, the reason I asked is because I might be interested in it. Nice to know you are willing to share information. And from the picture it only shows 1 pair of rca outputs, I would not want to lose the differentiation between front/rear stage.

Thanks for the attitude, and good luck with your install.

·
Registered
46 Posts
....I asked about speaker harnesses and a remote wire...do you have input on that? if not, I don't really need all the non-thread related back and forth, as I see of ton of that on this forum.
"All the non-thread related back and forth...?" Wow.

Clownshue asked you a simple question -- one directly related to the item (YOU posted the link) which you intend to install. This is totally relevant to your stated installation goals -- whether you specifically asked that particular question or not. It is amazing to me that you would come here looking for advice, and then respond so rudely to a respondant.....

...but I guess I am getting a bit too "back and forth" for you?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Get in touch with crutchfield, they make adapters for the speaker wore clips. One side has that clip the other has wore that you can solder right onto speaker terminals, or attach quick disconnects to, but I recommend the soldering.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you ibebarrett for the relevant and helpful reply. To Paultergeist...keep your commentary to yourself. if I wanted your opinion, I'd give it to you. I don't come to your job and tell you how to drop fries and flip those patties, so don't answer my posts with useless opinions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you ibebarrett for the relevant and helpful reply. To Paultergeist...keep your commentary to yourself. if I wanted your opinion, I'd give it to you. I don't come to your job and tell you how to drop fries and flip those patties, so don't answer my posts with useless opinions.
Sugestion: If you don't want (or respect) OTHER people's opinions -- perhaps you should not post THREADS on open forums actively soliciting ADVICE/OPINIONS on your car audio installation issues in the first place? (Anyone else thinking "How ironic?")

As to your other juvenile attempts to bait me into an exchange of insults -- no thank you.

YOUR OWN CONDUCT on this forum has done far more to elucidate YOUR character and intellect better than any series of comments I could possibly compose.

"Ya want fries with that?"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No doubt you had to look up the word elucidate before you wrote it. Just because you got your GED (your Good Enough Diploma) six years ago when you turned 22 doesn't mean you have anything of value to say...and I'm sure your mother agrees - just ask her, no doubt she's right next to you rubbing your neck for you (it's ok to still live home at your age...ride that out as long as you can, but it may be time for separate beds).

Now, since you like capital letters (as many children do) I will oblige you with this tidbit of insight (I have time since I'm sitting here dropping a deuce, which seems appropriate because thinking of your masterful whips makes my colon contract)....I put up a post asking for specific information, an educated and informed reply, NOT advice or opinions. I think it's great that your manager let's you carry your phone on you near the deep fryer and on your two 15 minute breaks you decide you reply, once again without anything substantive, to my request for information, again only offering...well, offering nothing (which seems to explain your creepy attachment to your mother and no real capabilities with women other than those requiring inflation).

So I am now at the point where my bowels have been evacuated and the deposit resembles your quips...wasteful garbage. So unless you can offer some material and appreciable input to my initial post, I would ask you just stick to what you know, though other than how long a batch of fryer grease lasts, I cannot fathom what you have to offer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow.......this is actually quite amusing...."ems"......thanks for making me laugh!

In regards to Clownshue's question -- asking previously but rudely disregarded -- the Kenwood EQ cited earlier accepts a single pair of RCA inputs, THEN splits the signal into front, rear, and (mono) sub outputs -- 3 pairs of RCA outputs in total. Therefore, the proposed install WILL allow for front/rear fader control, but only from the EQ, not from the head unit itself. Sincel the EQ is intended to be dash mounted and user accessible, this should still work very well in theory. My concern with the wiring harness adapter would be the potential for the introduction of noise, as this adds more *stuff* into the signal path.

"ems"......I am not sure why you seem to have such disdain for people who work in the fast-food industry. While it has been some years since I myself worked in the food service industry, it was an honorable way to earn money while in school, and I am sure that many members of this forum toil away quite diligently in similar lines of employment. For many, it is a means to an end.....no need to insult everyone....can you agree on that? Besides, everyone needs to eat.

The crack about GED? Actually quite funny. I hadn't heard that one before.......made me laugh....I've got to give you credit for that one.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Paultergeist what a saint your are for providing your knowledge after such ridiculous chatter. I commend you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts