9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree with the author

I got my first car 50 years ago(57 Chevy - wish I still had it). I got a new 1964 1/2 Mustang(auto, 289 4 b carb that I built up to a 306 hp), and it was a very poor car. It was attractive to those who didn't own it. It was the junkiest car I ever owned. Haven't been able to buy a Ford since!! I drove Mini coopers while I lived in England(4 yrs) and have driven the new higher performance one we have now in the US. I considered getting one but it doesn't hold a stick to the 2008 Si. I think the Civic Si is better in every respect. Recently drove a 2010 Mini - still far behind the Si, IMO. Still that isn't the subject of the article. Though I wouldn't want to own either of the Chryslers, nor Jeep, nor a G model Mercedes, etc, I think the writer came up with a well thought out list of cars. Especially since the Civic was included:). Isn't it nice to own an economical car that gets the attention of the press?!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I agree with the Jeep (although I'm not a huge fan of it), the Mini and the Civic (of course).

I don't get why the SLS is on the list, I mean it's an exotic, most old exotics look good to a lot of people lol I think the Porsche should have been on the list.

The Chrysler looks old to me, the last gen one looked old when it first came out, looks like a lego LOL

·
Registered
214 Posts
The newer Chrysler 300 was made to resemble the time immemorial Rolls/Bently. I agree: didn't like the previous 300 nor this one.
The Mercedes sporty car resembles the Mercedes 300 Gullwing which many of use were brought up to be the pinnacle of automotive development. They were classy and fast!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I like how they basically jsut say the Civic is just a simple and practical car....thats it! which in such few words really sums it up well. something we need to keep in mind when we are complaining about what this is car is lacking :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts