9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I saw this DIY guide for putting the 2015-2016 CR-V head unit in a 2014 Civic Si , and I have a 2012 civic si so I figured I’d buy the parts and give it a shot since our stock non-nav head units look exactly the same. So I wired everything up except I have a plug that doesn’t have a spot to go on the head unit (shown below). Everything works on the head unit except it doesn’t detect USB (to update software), it restarts into the diagnostic screen everytime I turn on the car, and my steering wheel controls don’t work (they do on his). Also, the very top of my IMID is blank and stays on when I take the key out. My question is: what’s the difference that I need to account for between the 2012 civic si head unit plugs and the 2014 and is there a way to make this work? Everything else works perfectly (setting up Bluetooth, handing off calls, the sound, radio, volume controls, imid display (besides the very top). I will Venmo anyone who can solve this 10$.

·
Registered
154 Posts
2014 si hu also has 2 usb plugs. One in the center console and one behind the shifter under the hvac controls.

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts